Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Quilt Along January 2013 >

Quilt Along January 2013

Quilt Along January 2013

Old 06-22-2013, 12:57 PM

I'm still plodding along, I got side tracked with a table runner and a mug rug, also finished a lap quilt for the VA Hospital. Here is my Creole Puzzle. Use a little different assembly method, had waste but it went together better for me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420542[/ATTACH]

Lyn, Did I see a picture of your finished quilt some where else on the board? Please post it here also. Jaba you need to post a picture here also it is great!
Attached Thumbnails dsci3242e.jpg  
Old 06-23-2013, 03:27 PM

Hi
No Debemac I have not completed my quite,this quilt is made out of left over fabric fom another quilt I have done called quilt for rosie. I will post on this page when I have it completed, I am still waiting for my fabric to arrive from US to complete it.

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
I'm still plodding along, I got side tracked with a table runner and a mug rug, also finished a lap quilt for the VA Hospital. Here is my Creole Puzzle. Use a little different assembly method, had waste but it went together better for me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420542[/ATTACH]

Lyn, Did I see a picture of your finished quilt some where else on the board? Please post it here also. Jaba you need to post a picture here also it is great!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:53 AM

I guess there was someone else that posted a yellow one that reminded me of yours. How long does it take to get things from the States? I'm still cleaning out my stash by making these, one of the lap quilts will have the flower print as it's main dominate color and one will have the black, green and yellow combination.

Originally Posted by Lyn Hut View Post
Hi
No Debemac I have not completed my quite,this quilt is made out of left over fabric fom another quilt I have done called quilt for rosie. I will post on this page when I have it completed, I am still waiting for my fabric to arrive from US to complete it.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:14 PM

It can take up to 3 weeks it all depends who is sending it and what post system they use. But there is a great cost difference in fabric. I do buy fabric here in Australia if I see something that take my eye but most time I look on the online to see what is going. I don't have a big stash, that is why I used up all the extra fabric from my first quilt on this one, it is I don't have the space to store it. Plus if I put it away out off sight I usually forget about it and find it in the next clean out.

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
I guess there was someone else that posted a yellow one that reminded me of yours. How long does it take to get things from the States? I'm still cleaning out my stash by making these, one of the lap quilts will have the flower print as it's main dominate color and one will have the black, green and yellow combination.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:31 AM

Default quilt a long

Sorry dedemac, I thought that I had posted a pic here. The quilt is done but in this pic I still have the binding to hand sew. I like the way it turned out.[ATTACH=CONFIG]421512[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf1448.jpg  
Old 06-28-2013, 01:16 PM

jaba like the way your quilt turn out. Great Job
Old 06-28-2013, 02:50 PM

Thank you, kind of "out of the norm" for me, but I really like it. Hope we have another one in September
Old 06-30-2013, 11:42 AM

I Loved the colors and how you quilted it, and wanted the rest of the group to see what you did! When I saw the individual blocks I was not sure of the colors, but the sashing and corner blocks bring everything together and the quilting finishes it. I love purples and gold.

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Sorry dedemac, I thought that I had posted a pic here. The quilt is done but in this pic I still have the binding to hand sew. I like the way it turned out.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:48 PM

Hi
Love you quilt and the colours

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Sorry dedemac, I thought that I had posted a pic here. The quilt is done but in this pic I still have the binding to hand sew. I like the way it turned out.[ATTACH=CONFIG]421512[/ATTACH]
Old 07-01-2013, 03:04 PM

TY Lyn, that gold in it really is a bright true gold and I have had more compliments on this quilt, my sons are drawing straws as to who gets it when I'm tired of it. I always tell them they have to let me keep a quilt for 6 months or so .