Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along

I started a DJ project about 15 yrs ago and dug these out of a cabinet...thought you might enjoy a couple of 4" blocks. I made a few duplicates when I started... I appliqued the corners 'cause I didn't know what to do with the little corners...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Honchey - Is that blue one a 4" Eastertide? They are all beautiful! And I thought 8" was hard!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Anael--I see you have a "new" signature quote!!
    Carrie, your fabric choices are beautiful.
    Bev--I just compared, it is but without the little tiny square in the corner. Fantastic Honchey!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I thought so. I didn't do the tiny square.
    Bev

Yes Bev, it must be it's the same as the one in PC. I just noticed the similarities... I actually basted the 2 sides down before I placed it on the corner then appliqued it in place..apparently at the time I didn't know what to do with it...it's so funny now 'cause when I look at it the 4 corners are actually raised above the rest of the block...I'll have to fix it being i know how to do it now...those blocks were my first attempt at pping with no instructions...

Well it's lovely, as are all the others.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Carrie, those batiks are gorgeous. Mine will have no theme--too many scraps to use up.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

OK, I have never joined a group like this before as I'm not a very experienced quilter and I'm like really, really slow. However, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun so I'm going to give it a go and hope I can keep-up.

I have never attempted to do paper piecing. I keep reading about it here on the board and have been wanting to learn. Will there be instructions for doing this in the book we will be using? Also, will I need any type of supplies other than those used in normal quilting? For example, is a special type of paper required?
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

I'm doing the 10 inch. I have enough issues with large pieces, I can't imagine how I would cope with the small ones. Yesterday I had to rip out one section 3 times. Sigh.

I'm doing 2 of each block-one will be fabric I picked out, the other will be the fabric my one true love picked out. It is going to be scrappy and quite disjointed I imagine (I like florals and tile patterns, he is a bold geometric kind of guy).

I can't wait to see everyone's pictures!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
    Will there be instructions for doing this in the book we will be using? Also, will I need any type of supplies other than those used in normal quilting? For example, is a special type of paper required?
    Welcome BETTY62. Yes, there are basic instructions on pages 9 -11 along with a list of supplies. (You will need to have the book.) If you've never paper-pieced you may want to look at some of the online tutorials too. THe more you do the better you will get at paper piecing. There are several discussions in earlier threads here that discuss supplies & directions. that you may want to read too.

As far as the type of paper you use, there are a variety. Everyone has one they prefer. I like newsprint. I buy the "Scribble Pad" at Hobby Lobby & then cut it down (I think it's 9 X 12) to fit my printer. I've tried others but come back to the newsprint. I love the "Add 1/4" rulers.

If you run into problems, please let us know! We are all here to encourage & support each other.
    Patricia Faye

Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 73 ... LastLast