Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29 69 78 79 80 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along

Just gorgeous Carrie! Congrats on finishing!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Carrie, I LOVE the colors of this quilt! what was your inspiration for the color combo?

!!!B E A U T I F U L!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

D_Damsel--I was originally going to use batiks for this quilt but just couldn't find a good background fabric to contrast with the other fabrics I chose. So one day when I was at work (at LQS) I spotted the black floral print and went from that to choose the other colors. Usually I don't choose fabrics with a black background so it wasn't even an area I looked at early on! We had some of the fabrics from the same line but not enough contrast so started looking around the shop....The pink and red fabrics are from the "reproductions" room. I think the yellow is a "fusions". The green could have gone dark or light and I usually go dark, so thought I would mix things up and go bright.

This was one of those quilts that I changed my mind on how it was "going to be" several times. DH helped decide on the green for the outer border...I had bought extra thinking originally to use it for the setting triangles then went with the black for that instead so wasn't sure on the borders. I am happy with the end results.

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    D_Damsel--I was originally going to use batiks for this quilt but just couldn't find a good background fabric to contrast with the other fabrics I chose. So one day when I was at work (at LQS) I spotted the black floral print and went from that to choose the other colors. Usually I don't choose fabrics with a black background so it wasn't even an area I looked at early on! We had some of the fabrics from the same line but not enough contrast so started looking around the shop....The pink and red fabrics are from the "reproductions" room. I think the yellow is a "fusions". The green could have gone dark or light and I usually go dark, so thought I would mix things up and go bright.

This was one of those quilts that I changed my mind on how it was "going to be" several times. DH helped decide on the green for the outer border...I had bought extra thinking originally to use it for the setting triangles then went with the black for that instead so wasn't sure on the borders. I am happy with the end results.
    ... and here I thought that the starting point was the black fabric!
    Isn't it funny how sometimes the fabric or colour we avoid ... creates something wonderful that we love.

It's good to move beyond our comfort zone and look what it did this time. I think what's attracted me to your fabrics all along was that they were bright not loud, with a certain softness to them. So lovely!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries
    Beautiful Carriem!

Ladies, all of your quilts are spectacular. I'm sorry I haven't participated much in the chatter but I'm trying to get my mother's house sold, had frozen pipe burst and flood basement, finished FWS Pony Club quilt, and finished Rosie. It's not quilted yet because I still need tons of practice for FMQ but it WILL get quilted. Thank you for letting me join you on this journey and thanks for all the inspriation. I'm so anxious to try out some of the color combos/fabrics that you've shown--things that I had no interest in before seeing all your lovely work.Name:  Rosie Quilt.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  589.2 KB
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

Oh Jan It's beautiful! Is this one gonna be your first "real" quilt on your Sweet 16?
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    ... and here I thought that the starting point was the black fabric!
    Isn't it funny how sometimes the fabric or colour we avoid ... creates something wonderful that we love.

It's good to move beyond our comfort zone and look what it did this time. I think what's attracted me to your fabrics all along was that they were bright not loud, with a certain softness to them. So lovely!
    I Couldnt have said it better myself!!! Bright and Soft. a wining combo in my book

simply SPECTACULAR
    Candace is Deranged

Jan, that quilt is perfectly YOU! "jewel tone Jan"

LOVE IT
    Candace is Deranged

janRN, love your quilt & the outside border is very tropical looking. It pulls everything together. Great job on it!
    Patricia Faye

Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29 69 78 79 80 ... LastLast