Please join us in a Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along working through Carolyn Cullinan McCormick's book Quilts for Rosie - Paper Piecing Patterns from the '40s published by Kansas City Star Books. There are 20 paper pieced blocks in this quilt. You will need to purchase the book to be able to participate. The book retails for approximately $25.95 and is available online at Amazon.com, HomespunHearth.com, EBAY, Joann.com and Quiltfabricstore.com. No patterns or tutorials will be provided and no sign up is required.
Beginning September 3, 2012, (this will allow everyone time to purchase the book) we would like you to post a picture of your completed block and on each Monday thereafter. We will start with "Mother's Favorite Star" following the list in the book. The 1940's Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt can be made with either 4" or 10" blocks. You have the option of doing as many or as few blocks as you would like.
1. Mother's Favorite Star
2. Mona's Choice
3. The Colorado Quilt
4. Anna's Choice
5. The 1941 Nine Patch
6. Sunlight & Shadows
7. A Salute to the Colors
8. Shepherd's Crossing
9. The Army Star
10. A Basket Quilt in Triangles
11. The New Four Pointer
12. A Quilt Mosaic
13. Return of the Swallows
14. The North Star
15. The Christmas Star
16. The Spider Web
17. A Flash of Diamonds
18. The Kansas Star
19. Crazy Anne
20. The Bright Jewel
This thread will be the "home base" for our Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along. I will be your hostess and Patrice J will be our Moderator. We are here to chat, cheer each other on, share pointers and offer encouragement. We would like everyone to post pictures of their blocks on this same thread to avoid confusion.
GROUND RULES & GUIDELINES
As much as everyone hates "rules," it is necessary to lay a groundwork so we all have a clear understanding of what is expected so things can run smoothly. Please take time to read the guidelines included here.
1. Be kind, there will be NO FLAMING. This is a friendly, encouraging and supportive group. Be patient. Please keep in mind that participants include a wide range of quilting skills from the novice to the master and every level in between. We want this to be an enjoyable experience for everyone.
2. All copyrights will be honored and protected. Because this is a copyrighted book we will not permit uploading or sharing of copies of the templates or files for the blocks used in this book. The decision is based on ethics and because it is much safer from a legal perspective.
3. This is not a swap. It is a Weekly Paper Pieced Quilt Along which means you are making your own paper pieced sampler quilt. Therefore feel free to select the fabrics you like best.
4. All blocks are paper pieced.
I hope everyone will enjoy this Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along as much as I will. Can't wait to get started! See you all in September.