Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Rhonda's Second Sampler Quilt Along! (Week 1)

  1. #11
    Senior Member marymc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    A lake in Minnesota
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by klgreene
    Yippee, more blocks....this time I'm going to be planned colors instead of one like my last one.
    I am also going to used planned colors for this one. Sounds fun.

  2. #12
    Super Member klgreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Clovis, NM
    Posts
    2,439
    I did the 12" blocks last time, and doing the swap in 12" blocks so, I think this time I will do the 6" block. I just haven't decided on my color scheme yet.

  3. #13
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    16,529
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by klgreene
    I did the 12" blocks last time, and doing the swap in 12" blocks so, I think this time I will do the 6" block. I just haven't decided on my color scheme yet.
    Whatever you decide on will be beautiful just like the last one.

  4. #14
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,264
    Wonderful block, and a great opportunity to try your cut-down method. Thanks, Rhonda! I look forward to the next blocks!

  5. #15
    Super Member klgreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Clovis, NM
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Quote Originally Posted by klgreene
    I did the 12" blocks last time, and doing the swap in 12" blocks so, I think this time I will do the 6" block. I just haven't decided on my color scheme yet.
    Whatever you decide on will be beautiful just like the last one.
    Thanks CJ, keep track of this sampler...Missed seeing you!

  6. #16
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    16,529
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by klgreene
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Quote Originally Posted by klgreene
    I did the 12" blocks last time, and doing the swap in 12" blocks so, I think this time I will do the 6" block. I just haven't decided on my color scheme yet.
    Whatever you decide on will be beautiful just like the last one.
    Thanks CJ, keep track of this sampler...Missed seeing you!
    Hi there!
    I don't get on the main board too much. I'm mostly in the PDAs trying to stay out of trouble. :-)

  7. #17
    Super Member kwiltkrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mapleton, Oregon
    Posts
    4,230
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rhonda;
    How many blocks are there in all?
    Am I correct that there is a block a week? What are the average colors per block?
    Kwiltkrazy (Lucinda)

  8. #18
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,074
    Blog Entries
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
    Rhonda;
    How many blocks are there in all?
    Am I correct that there is a block a week? What are the average colors per block?
    Kwiltkrazy (Lucinda)
    Yes there is a quilt block a week. As to how many that is yet to be determined.

  9. #19
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,074
    Blog Entries
    48
    There are no rules no colors decided. I provide the quilt block and you take it and do what you like with it. I hope people will share some ideas and get some feedback on how they are using their quilt blocks.

    You can pick and choose which ones you like. There are no requirements to finish all of them and no deadlines. Just offering my designs for anyone who wants to play!

    I do like to do these to keep my name out there and get people interested in learning my cut down method. So it is sort of an advertising opportunity for me. I want to share my shortcuts with everyone. As there are a lot of new quilters I thought it was time to do another event. This is a chance for me to reach new people and share what I do.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Obsessed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Probably not where I should be...
    Posts
    691
    I'm a sucker for a good quilt along. Can't resist....

    I wanted to try a block last night - so here it is. I didn't see a separate picture thread, so I hope this is the right place to post this. This is a 9 1/2 inch block - because that is the largest size I could do with the scraps I was using. I think I may do 6 1/2 inch blocks though when I do it "for real" with the templates so that I have a little more wiggle room for cutting back. Not sure though. Still thinking it over.

    Anyway - thanks for looking! It was fun!

    Ashley
    Name:  Attachment-273375.jpe
Views: 50
Size:  100.9 KB

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.