Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Rhonda's Second Sampler Quilt Along - Week 24 - Miranda

Blog Entries

Rhonda's Second Sampler Quilt Along - Week 24 - Miranda

This week we are using HSTs and 4 Patch Combo Blocks

So as usual it uses my cut down method which I think makes your blocks more accurate and you have better control of the size as you go. Just make sure to measure each time you complete a step. It will save a lot of frustration when you are done.

Here are the directions to making the HSTs
    Really Easy Half Square Triangle Blocks

And here is the link for the 4 Patch Blocks
    http://www.bitsnpiecesworkshop.com/p...tionBlocks.php

To make this quilt block into a 12 1/2" unfinished size you will need a 2 1/2" template. You can take a look at the layout picture to see what Blocks you need and where to put the colors. If you change the color arrangement you will get a differant look from mine.

So try it out and see what you can make with this design! Have fun!

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask. I'll be more than happy to help. If you need templates let me know. I will need your postal address and PLEASE send it by pm or email not on the open board. The templates are FREE no fees or postage needed.

Miranda

Name:  Miranda.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  40.0 KB

Layout
    Name:  Miranda  layout.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  36.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Pretty pattern, thank you so much Rhonda. You really explain very well how the block goes together.
    Last edited by grannyQ; 03-23-2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: spelling
    GrannyQ

Thanks for the pattern I like this one.

Oh, it's Friday....good thing I looked on here. My days are all off, and I've been cleaning "bite my tongue" so didn't even think to get on here to look. Don't know wy but this looks a little Native American, right up my alley.
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

I keep looking in on all your sew alongs. I can't get to my machine right now, and then I have AOTH to do, but I am going to see if I can't squeeze in some of these magnificent blocks!
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    An heirloom is in the eye of the quilt-holder! the stuff you accumulate? - takes looking after!
    A mighty mouse w a marshmallow heart, defender of underdogs, cheese brings parties together
    HUGGIES! ttfn

Do you or anybody know why there is an ad at the top of the page for a 25% coupon and when you click on it, it comes up as 20%?
    I asked this while ago, but my post is gone with an invalid message. I really believe we all deserve to know, don't you?
    An heirloom is in the eye of the quilt-holder! the stuff you accumulate? - takes looking after!
    A mighty mouse w a marshmallow heart, defender of underdogs, cheese brings parties together
    HUGGIES! ttfn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
    Do you or anybody know why there is an ad at the top of the page for a 25% coupon and when you click on it, it comes up as 20%?
    I asked this while ago, but my post is gone with an invalid message. I really believe we all deserve to know, don't you?
    Sorry Mousie apparently whoever did the coupon at JoAnne's goofed when they set up the ad. I would call JoAnne's and ask them. Maybe they will honor the 25% if they know about the ad and the differance in percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    Sorry Mousie apparently whoever did the coupon at JoAnne's goofed when they set up the ad. I would call JoAnne's and ask them. Maybe they will honor the 25% if they know about the ad and the differance in percentage.
    Thanks, that's an excellent idea!
    HUGGIES! ttfn

Blog Entries
    Love your new block, going to make. Thanks Juanita