Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 03-27-2015, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514943[/ATTACH] here are my two impressionistic lol rows of sky and bay. I am doing a bay and sand next I think as the ocean needs to be larger in my minds eye.. just tow or three more rows and then sand. what do you think? its going to look ok when its done I think but now I know what I am doing would do it all strips and less sun.
Looks great Elizabrat. I think more ocean would work fine. Do you have any lighter aqua as you get closer to the beach. I was even wondering about white to represent ocean foam, but that might look weird. I really like your sun. Not to much at all (IMHO).
Old 03-27-2015, 02:26 PM

My water is at the bottom of mine. I'm using the snail trail block at the bottom then some strips above it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514984[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1200396-%25%25.jpg  
Old 03-27-2015, 04:55 PM

Love the mountains WhitePine. This is so fun lurking this thread.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:48 AM

One of the things I post on FB is "what is outside your window" with a picture of what is outside mine. Then my friends put a post of theres - last month it was Florida water and friends posted AZ desert, AK mountain, NH snow, etc'

This is just like it - a lovely day at the Lake, mountains, southern beach, ocean waves. Loving the "lets try something new and different" Everyone is doing a unbelievable job. Have always wanted to try snail waves but haven't gotten to it - yours a gorgeous.
Elizabrat - Loving it. I would add a few strips more with a combination of surf, dark sand, and water to meld it into the beach.
We are still traveling and let me tell you I am NOT liking going from shorts to heavy coats. But seeing the grandbaby is priceless. Next week will settle into mom's spare room and play
Keep up the good work and the upside down pictures
Old 03-28-2015, 05:11 AM

I have about 4 more different lighter batiks going almost white with the last one. I am going to use those thinner strips for the white part? and the sand is coming into play. thinking of trying the curved additions that were shown here because well its looks like it might not be horrifically hard. if it doesn't work for me not sure what the next addition will be. done strips and squares. now triangles upside down might be a third option for me. ah so much to chose from!

I hope to see more ideas and starts here (dfelker hint hint lol). I am going to take this weekend off sewing as I have other things to finish up now that I am done with next months row too I have one more bin to get to in the sewing room that needs sorting. and one more block for my son in law to be's quilt to do. ok I have to more but if I get one more cut and one finished its a good start. Its a boring same colors quilt in cream and sage thinking of sewing a couple rows together to see what it looks like .. either good or boring still. I did add five squares done with a bolder green and cream with hints of red print in it to liven it up slightly. I pray those work and I don't have to redo those too. omg. its a 16" block and its wearing me out! I had this grand idea. bigger blocks would make the quilt go together quicker. WRONG. lol. its taking me forever but mostly because it doesn't appeal to me the colors she chose. I keep reminding myself its not for you Brat. Its her quilt Brat. (so far this is not working for me however). what to do what to do right?
Old 03-30-2015, 07:30 AM

Mfay I simply did 12.5 inch strips in different colors for the sky darker blue on top lighter on the bottom near the ocean part. then I sewed those blocks of 12.5 inches together to finish my row. four blocks. I tried to not have the colors matching so there is variety in each row. I know it looks abstract right now but it will all flow together in the end. have faith! lol. I am excited and already picking my regular rows. applique and all lol. I need starfish and flowers and.. lol. finish first the center I know I know. I hope your all having a grand day and look forward to seeing what your thinking of doing dfelker. I know YOU CAN DO IT. heck look at me? I am so far from perfection its not funny. Some of these are coming on so expertly that I wish they were leading the swap! I truly do. its nice to see variety so keep it coming. Join in now its never too late. Are you doing a traditional row robin? or have you done one? can you share it with us? pictures please!
Old 03-30-2015, 11:46 AM

BRAT~You will be pleased to know that I found ALL OF THE FABRIC I think I need for my inspiration!! Now to get cutting and piecing and maybe get caught up to you all. Here, by the way is a picture of my inspiration...[ATTACH=CONFIG]515332[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 0.jpg  
Old 03-30-2015, 02:03 PM

dfelker-can't wait to see that done - it'll be awesome. I'm actually done with my row 3. Real easy-i have panels that are from the focus fabric from the 2013 Minnesota Shop Hop. I never did anything with that fabric and they fit my Northern Minnesota theme. Row 3 is my center row and a little deeper than the other rows. My 4th row is going to be a more traditional one with pieced blocks. I'm getting ahead of myself since I'm going on a trip in April and then having cataract surgery on both eyes in May. I need that little kick in the butt to get things done. Happy quilting!
Old 03-30-2015, 06:23 PM

I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth along with Emma and say that I too, am a lurker on this thread. Love seeing how everyone's creativity is coming out and you all are amazing. Plus your fearless, Linda is really good at keeping all of you inspired. My life right now is not allowing for much quilting so I am way behind on posting to the QB but will get caught up sometime, I hope. Way to go everyone. Looking forward to seeing your finished projects!
Old 03-30-2015, 08:00 PM

So MISS Elisabrat suggested I come join your fun... I thought it was a row by row thing. But I see all y'all are making ART. I'm not sure I can compare to you, but I told her I'd get out my baskets of RowByRow kits I collected last summer. Because....really....I can't join the 2015 RowByRow if I haven't touched my 2014's. Right?