Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 102 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1095

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

For those preparing for Thanksgiving Day, daughter found this recipe which I am going to try:

Impossible Pie

All the ingredients are mixed together and poured into a pie tin, but when it cooks it forms its own crust with filling This has a coconut vanilla taste like a coconut cream pie

Ingredients

2 cups milk
    1 cup shredded coconut
    4 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup all purpose flour
    8 Tablespoon butter
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions
    Place milk, coconut, eggs, vanilla, flour, butter and sugar in blender. Mix well.
    Pour into a greased and floured pie plate. Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
    Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minute

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

I'm about to start cleaning out and organizing my recipes. I have the regular typical cookbooks, and a couple that I've made myself, as well as folders full of recipes I want to try. The ones that I've made myself and work best for me are in 3-ring binders. I'm going to get them organized into salads in one binder, sides/vegetables in another binder, etc. I think I'm going to have to do a QuiltingNinaSue binder!! Looks like another good one, thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by CindyA; 11-21-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: typo

I use a Computer Program called Living Cookbook that I have put all my recipes in. I love it!

http://www.livingcookbook.com/?gclid...Fc2UfgodUBUA1A
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Thanks for another recipe, QuiltingNinaSue. I have missed seeing them. I think I will need a binder for QuiltingNinaSue's recipes too. Everyone I have tried is very good.
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    LIFE IS ABOUT USING THE WHOLE BOX OF CRAYONS.

Thank you, ladies. This last one was chosen by our daughter; she keeps saying she just takes after her Mother...but I am not sure after sitting at her table a couple of times. Bf and I decided we would cook or go out to eat next time!

My husband splurged and recently bought himself a wonderful Traeger Grill and boy does he enjoy cooking now more than ever! He has actually ruined any desire I had to go out and eat at most restaurants. He has perfected how to make prime rib, spare ribs, steak, chicken and our famous family seafood fest. Even my adult kids say no one cooks as well as Dad does and he's ruined eating out for them too. Just yesterday I was telling him we need to come up with a few copies of his recipes so they can be passed on to our adult children and grandchildren. So that is the plan, God willing to do that.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Sounds like, nygal, you have a wonderful Thanksgiving all ready to go without doing any cooking yourself! You can do the runner and mats, and he does the meal.

JeanieG, I suggested your cookbook ideas to our children, so I could perhaps, type in all of my DGM's recipes for then and include mine as well...one said no and one said yes...they have not changed any since they were teenagers.

Oh No, I am still in charge of the turkey and stuffing! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for many reasons.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    Sounds like, nygal, you have a wonderful Thanksgiving all ready to go without doing any cooking yourself! You can do the runner and mats, and he does the meal.

JeanieG, I suggested your cookbook ideas to our children, so I could perhaps, type in all of my DGM's recipes for then and include mine as well...one said no and one said yes...they have not changed any since they were teenagers.
    The great thing about the program is you can find the same recipe online and copy it and paste it into the program using the "capture" feature. You can even copy the photos from the website and attach them to your recipe. That way you don't have to retype the whole recipe. I love it!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I just may have to invest in your program JeanieG. It sounds so neat.

I opened a can of corn beef hash the other day, 'cause it sounded good to my dh. I added a can of beef broth to 'cut' the taste down a bit and brought it to a boil. Then I added half of a frozen bag of peas and carrots, let that get hot, and added 1/4 of a cup of flour with 3/4 c of milk, then added another cup of milk to make a 'pot pie' gravy. Opened up a tin of biscuits and baked them. I put the bottom half of the biscuit in the bowl, added the pot pie gravy contents over the biscuit and topped it with the top half of the biscuit. Note to self: microwave the peas and carrots before adding them to the pan. It was easy and fun to do without a lot of work and dh loved it...ate most of it himself. Call it whatever you want too call it...and amaze you dh's with a new dish if they care for corn beef hash or beef hash.

Page 102 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 101 102 103 ... LastLast