Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along >

"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Old 09-10-2013, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
It did. but I did not. Thanks for the help, I feel the need a lot of TLC these days Worked on different pattern for a quick change of pace. Changed bobbins in new machine and made a wrong move and had 3 different rat's nest form, but persisted and everything is working Ok, now except me. Lunch time. May you all have a good day.
Sounds like a great time for a breather ... and a beer!!

Tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:29 PM

Thanks for the offer, but I will pass on the beer; never acquired a taste for it or coffee. Tea, I love Ice Tea or in the winter hot tea of a morning. Enjoy a Cherry Coke Cola, but lately, have left it alone. Looking at the pyramid and trying to balance meals..and eat them at the same time every day... without snacking too much. The break did help, more successful now.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:41 PM

Hello I've just found this thread and would love to join in. I tried PP in the New York Beauty BOM and couldn't get it to work for me. I've done a bit more sewing and quilting since then (nearly a year) so I'll give it another go. May not be as fast as you all but that's OK. These blocks are so pretty. I've printed out some patterns and will look in my stash tonight to see what I can use.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:18 PM

Welcome Quiltaddiction - I'm looking forward to seeing your blocks! Glad you decided to join us!
Old 09-10-2013, 09:48 PM

Hi Quiltaddiction, welcome. You don't have to be fast to have lots of fun I'm glad you decided to give PP another try!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:15 PM

Hi QuiltAddiction and welcome, whereabouts in Australia are you, I don't see many members from our side of the world.

NinaSue please take care of yourself, we need your wonderful sense of humour and stories to keep coming. Will send you Block 3 tonight

I managed to make Block 6 today and worked out the cutting so will get that organised tomorrow. will post Block 4 after we have posted our completed Block 2's
Old 09-10-2013, 11:16 PM

Hi QuiltAddiction and welcome, whereabouts in Australia are you, I don't see many members from our side of the world.

NinaSue please take care of yourself, we need your wonderful sense of humour and stories to keep coming. Will send you Block 3 tonight

I managed to make Block 6 today and worked out the cutting so will get that organised tomorrow. will post Block 4 after we have posted our completed Block 2's
Old 09-11-2013, 01:42 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm on the Central Coast of NSW Mirabelle near Gosford. Nice to met another Aussie on the board.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:23 AM

Hi Quiltaddiction....welcome aboard. Did you know there is a beautiful fabric line called Mirabelle? I have a top that has most of the piecing done but doing I'm doing it QAYG and it's been too hot here to do much quilting....and piecing is what I like to do best. Our Mirabelle...Karen....gives us great cutting directions which makes the PPing much easier for me.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:43 AM

I give up....I went back to entry 475 and still couldn't find the cutting instructions for blocks one and two to point the newbies in that direction so I came up with an idea for you, Mirabelle. You could start a blog on this site where only the cutting instructions are posted and everyone could find it easily. I checked and and it looks like it would be easy to do. We are so chatty that we add pages everyday!