Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 79 of 110 FirstFirst ... 29 69 78 79 80 89 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm on the Central Coast of NSW Mirabelle near Gosford. Nice to met another Aussie on the board.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Hi Quiltaddiction....welcome aboard. Did you know there is a beautiful fabric line called Mirabelle? I have a top that has most of the piecing done but doing I'm doing it QAYG and it's been too hot here to do much quilting....and piecing is what I like to do best. Our Mirabelle...Karen....gives us great cutting directions which makes the PPing much easier for me.

I give up....I went back to entry 475 and still couldn't find the cutting instructions for blocks one and two to point the newbies in that direction so I came up with an idea for you, Mirabelle. You could start a blog on this site where only the cutting instructions are posted and everyone could find it easily. I checked and and it looks like it would be easy to do. We are so chatty that we add pages everyday!

Good Idea, GardenGal. although I do not object to the direct line Mirabelle has been doing for me...and in large print by email...I can store it on my computer and access it when I need to. Love the ease of which I can use it and would be happy to forward it to you....via email.

Welcome to another Australian. Good to have you join us in all our fun! More the merrier. Love how the same pattern can look so different and one of a kind and be so lovely with each individual.

Ladies, I have a question a tad bit off topic . . . but still dealing with QOTS.

When going on the site to print my blocks, I noticed that stunning
    Dear Jane In The Tropics BOM starting in Jan 2014. Have any of you been involved with a BOM of this magnitude? I love the colors, but the best part - it can be paper pieced ! ! ! !

After calculating the 2 year run, that quilt would cost $647.80 . That is literally the price of my 3 day/4 night retreat, which includes spending money & the Saturday Night Banquet.

Any & all suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance . . . GP
    Create A Great Day ! ! ! !
    MQB-3 / RAB-2 / Booms 11 & 13 / Projects
    www.groovypiecesalbums.html

Groovy Pieces, I haven't looked at Dear Jane in the Tropics BOM but I have been working on the Dear Jane thread that is on this board started Jan 2012. I think it may have been the second DJ thread started here on QB. The schedule put out by the lady who started the thread I've been on had us scheduled to finish last month or this month - can't remember. Many of us did not keep to the schedule but made a lot of progress and still hope to finish. If the DJ in Tropics block are the same as the original DJ, it is quite addicting. I hope to get back to mine soon and finish it up. It has been a long, but fun, quilt to work on.

Groovy Pieces there are a couple of QB members right here who have purchased the Dear Jane book and CD and were thinking of starting it next year as a BOM or BOW. maybe that would save you a lot of dollars. We have already made the Farmers Wife Sampler and Farmers Wife Pony Club quilts and tend to keep on track or play catch up each week but we get it done.
    Karen

Carrie, I think Mirabelle might be talking about us???? DJ scares me a bit, 50 paper pieced Stars not so much that starts in January. I refused to acknowledge the UFOs in the sewing room; life is too short, I am looking for what I enjoy doing the most....whatever that is...

QNS--I am still planning to start the DJ blocks in 2014. January if I have chosen fabrics by then....I have decided to make two different quilts from the blocks. Oh and I am planning on the 50 Stars for sure...already have that fabric all planned out.

Senior Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    I got the DJ book from a friend but no cd with it though not sure I want to undertake such a huge project and most those blocks look very intimidating to me
    ​Christine

Page 79 of 110 FirstFirst ... 29 69 78 79 80 89 ... LastLast