Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 83 of 110 FirstFirst ... 33 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

No one has commented here and its pushed the discussion way down the list. The blocks are all beautiful. I love one the greatest, then the next one pops up and its beautiful and the greatest two...I love how some post the two blocks together and they match so well!

I think I know how I what to do number two block, but back to re-organizing the sewing room again and trying to find the book for the Bernina 550 one more time. Gee, I just checked about the bobbin and put it close to the machine, but its location eludes me... How can I lose things right where I am sitting and never moved from there???

Must be Murphy's Law.

QNS, love that you're posting recipes. I haven't had time to make any of them but am saving them for when I do. I lose things ALL THE TIME. I lost my calendar on my desk at work today. I mean seriously, how far could it have gone. Yes, I drive myself, (and my husband) crazy. But I do the best I can and just keep plugging along.

Blog Entries
    lost internet connection, and it wouln't let me login.

CindyA, so happy to hear you love my recipes and that you too have been hit with Murphy's Law...missing your desk calendar in front of you...I did that more than once when I was working...

The easiest and best recipe I have is Roast Pork.....Small roaster pan, sprayed with oil, and one dutch apple filling dumped over it and roasted for about 2 to 4 hours in the oven(depending on weight of roast). Take the roast out and slice it to serve, and dump the apple filling down the garbage disposal. It will freeze well or hold in the refrigerator if there is any leftover.

QuiltingNinaSue, I really like the recipes you have put on too. Today I am making the Beef Stew and now I will have to find a pork roast! Love, loved the Better than Sex Pumpkin Cake.
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    LIFE IS ABOUT USING THE WHOLE BOX OF CRAYONS.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Pieces View Post
    Ladies, I have a question a tad bit off topic . . . but still dealing with QOTS.

When going on the site to print my blocks, I noticed that stunning
    Dear Jane In The Tropics BOM starting in Jan 2014. Have any of you been involved with a BOM of this magnitude? I love the colors, but the best part - it can be paper pieced ! ! ! !

After calculating the 2 year run, that quilt would cost $647.80 . That is literally the price of my 3 day/4 night retreat, which includes spending money & the Saturday Night Banquet.

Any & all suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance . . . GP
    I have looked and can't find the Dear Jane in the Tropics. Can you give me a link? I have done a Dear Jane, finished except cutting my scallops and binding. I did mine scrappy; favorite fabrics. Not sure I'd make another one, but like to see everyone else's. Would definitely buy the software if I were making another one. Did lots of paper piecing on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    QNS, that looks like a great stew. .
    I ran across some venison in the chest freezer the other day. This will be a perfect day to try your recipe for the stew.
    Sweet Caroline

Sue Z Q: go to Quilting On The Square & click BOM. The Tropical Jane is the blue background with jewel tones.

. . . GP
    Create A Great Day ! ! ! !
    MQB-3 / RAB-2 / Booms 11 & 13 / Projects
    www.groovypiecesalbums.html

Blog Entries
    OOOOh, venison stew, reminds me of my childhood. I'll take a large bowl, and a piece of garlic bread, with QNs's pumpkin cake for dessert. Sounds like the perfect meal to me.

Just put a Port Roast into the oven at 375 degrees, with brown sugar and a can of Dutch Apple Pie Filling over it; it should be ready by noon, since it is a smaller roast.

Your venison sounds good too....cousins of dh had promised us some...still awaiting for it...not too worried about it,'cause the two freezers are full. And we are dressing out extra young roosters and non-laying hens and canning the meat and broth for this winter. Have really Incredible Sweet Corn on the ear in thar too....that tastes like its fresh from the garden in the winter. Have a very good fresh bread recipe I will post tomorrow....quick and easy and good. Nine times out of ten, if the bread does not rise, it is a problem with the yeast.

Page 83 of 110 FirstFirst ... 33 73 82 83 84 93 ... LastLast