Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 86 of 110 FirstFirst ... 36 76 85 86 87 96 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Finally finished Block 2, this one fought me all the way. I did not like the big center spot with the yellow print so I added another color on the point to balance the red above.
    Attachment 437519

Ohhhh That's just fantastic. I love your center balance. Just lovely.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    beautiful block dbl.

QNS-the oatmealbread sounds great. Just out of curiousity, is your name pronounced Neena or Nine-a. My sister Genine's nick name was Nina(Neena), but a girlfriend at school pronounced hers Nine-a. She got really upset if you mis-pronounced her name, She insisted her way was the German way, and my sister's was the French way, she was right, I later found out, that Genine spelled with a g is french, but spelled with a J is German, even though that sounds backwards to me.

Blog Entries
    Boy Qns that Enchilada dip sounds fantastic. Can't keep up with you guys.

Worked on my blocks today, almost got the first one redone, too many interuptions, both sons called today, must have spent three and a half hours talking to them. The youngest called to talk about what to get his brother for a wedding present, he's getting married next month(wahoo!!!!) they have been living together for 8 years. Then The older son called to say that they are getting married at Ally's mother's house, instead of the Justice of the Peace. They are clear back in Ohio, so I can't do anything to help.

CarolineS I love what you did with your block, the centre turned out just right.
    Karen

Caroline...I wish I had realized now big the center would wind up being before I sewed everything together. I might just have to appliqué a smaller circle on it to tame it's intensity. Good job!

'QNS-the oatmealbread sounds great. Just out of curiousity, is your name pronounced Neena or Nine-a' The way my Grandmother's name was with a long a. I was raised being called by a nick name of "Sue"...so I adapted to NinaSue
    ...one word.

Today I might get to work on SYE block two....there is hope. Everyone have a good day; celebrate the day.

carolyn
    thats a big WOW

beautiful, clever to improve the centre. i have finished all six!! am mad about this project, don't want to stop, but now have to wait for october's. the usual quilter's lament of running out of fabric too. however i am totally frustrated trying to keep up with the postings as 3/4 are about recipes, sickness, etc. i am glad the rest of you can communicate like this and are friends, but wish there was a seperate link just for this topic. i will start to post my blocks soon, i do love looking at what has been done and have saved the photos. sincerely sandra

Shadoh, there is a separate link for posting pictures, this is a discussion group in this link...its kinda our style here, just as the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt and the Pony Club, both books and patterns by Laura Hird...was our style doing that. We have through floods, hurricane, and our own crisis together on this QB active board, but enjoy others joining us along the way....to share in our friendship and project...to be a good neighbor. Therefore, I post recipes to share with other great cooks on this journey, because I love to cook and quilt and read. I guess if you object you may relate your woes to Honchey as she is the leader of our pack, and we respect her as the leader who decides what appears on this site. Or just use the patterns that Mirabelle has provided on separate links, and post to the photo link provided as well. Each to his own, as the old maid say that kissed the cow...and I grew up with that saying, respecting others with different opinions and ways of thinking...knowing in my journey of life not everyone does respect our individual differences of thinking. That is all right, too.

Caroline ... great center!! Wish I had thunk of that
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Page 86 of 110 FirstFirst ... 36 76 85 86 87 96 ... LastLast