Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 87 of 110 FirstFirst ... 37 77 86 87 88 97 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Caroline, that's a gorgeous block. I might add a little circle to my center as well, looks great!

QNS, as always very well said, thanks!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Quote Originally Posted by shadoh View Post
    beautiful, clever to improve the centre. i have finished all six!! am mad about this project, don't want to stop, but now have to wait for october's. the usual quilter's lament of running out of fabric too. however i am totally frustrated trying to keep up with the postings as 3/4 are about recipes, sickness, etc. i am glad the rest of you can communicate like this and are friends, but wish there was a seperate link just for this topic. i will start to post my blocks soon, i do love looking at what has been done and have saved the photos. sincerely sandra
    Sandra,

go to this link (below) for the September posts of blocks. The leader said she'll start a new thread for each month's blocks. (See, it says spike your english BOM September.)

The "SYE" Spike your English BOM Quilt-Along- September

If you come back to this main thread that started it you will find recipes and other fun things. If you go to the thread for the current month (subscribe to it so it's easy to get to) you'll see primarily the blocks being posted as they are completed.

NinaSue as always your words are very profound, yes we have been through a lot in the past 3 to 4 years of chatting. I know I can call each and everyone of your my dear friends
    Karen

I realize that I am new to this group of friends but have really enjoyed the chatting that goes on here. QuiltingNinaSue, I have tried everyone of the recipes that you have posted and we have loved them all (waiting for more)
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    LIFE IS ABOUT USING THE WHOLE BOX OF CRAYONS.

Gramquilter, we always welcome new friends!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Gramquilter, just for you: Something I would be afraid to try:From Welcome Home on my face book:

Thick and Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup

6 tablespoon butter
    1 small onion, chopped
    1/3 cup flour
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
    dash ground thyme
    1 (13 3/4) ounce can chicken broth
    1 cup milk
    3 cups bite-size broccoli florets
    1 cup whipping cream (heavy cream)
    1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/8 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
    1 cup shredded sharp white or yellow cheddar Cheese
    1/2 cup shredded Havarti Cheese
    1/2 cup shredded Swiss Cheese
    4 sourdough bread (round loaves)

Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan or Dutch Oven over low heat. Add onion, cook until tender, about 5 min. Whisk in flour, cook until golden, 3-4 min, then gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Add broth, thyme, nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to simmer and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in broccoli; simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cream, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce if using. Add cheeses; stir until melted.

Prepare bread bowls: Using knife, cut circle into top of each loaf, leaving 1-inch border around. Remove bread top, hollow out the middle with a fork or your fingers, leaving thick bread shell. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle cheese on top for garnish.

With my luck the soup would leak out of the bread; Alaskan baked ice cream would melt in the oven....guaranteed. Now I might make this in a Dutch oven and serve it in soup bowls with bread on the side. With DH getting all his teeth pulled, I am serving a lot of Philly meat from Schwan's Ice Cream truck, and adding cheese to it and putting it in a wheat hoagie....fills him up and he can eat it...until he loses his last tooth. We have been Schwan customers for years, regardless of where we have lived. They advertise on this site and deliver to your home or office.

Blog Entries
    Help! I need cutting chart for #4 block I cant seem to find it here. Can someone help me Please . I thought I had it save. Thanks

Senior Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    ​Christine

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Finally finished Block 2, this one fought me all the way. I did not like the big center spot with the yellow print so I added another color on the point to balance the red above.

great idea, Caroline! I may have to do a second star with your idea for the center.

Sue
    Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff!

Blog Entries
    Thank you frustratequilter40

Page 87 of 110 FirstFirst ... 37 77 86 87 88 97 ... LastLast