Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 89 of 110 FirstFirst ... 39 79 88 89 90 99 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Thank you, Dublb, for the rice recipe. My dh will not eat rice of any kind; he is strictly meat and potatoes and gravy guy. I like Mexican/Spanish food, he does not. He prefers chicken over beef and will eat a little pork, but not like I do. His favorite meal remains fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy. I would love to try your rice recipe sometime. Will see. Meanwhile, thank you for sharing with all of us, Dublb.

Your welcome. I had hamburger & didn't know what ta do w/it, several years ago (long before DH took over the kitchen) & this is what I came up with. I have made it over & over again ever since. It's better if the rice is just a li'le bit not done. It then soaks up more o' the flavor as it simmers, but that's not necessary. Ya can change the amounts o' the ingredients ta make it your own, or add any thing that ya think will make it better.
    Last edited by dublb; 09-25-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    sounds great dbl- tomorrow nights dinner. Love Mexican.

Hey There . . .

Can any of you tell me how to get rid of the 'white fatty' substance that surfaces on salmon when baking &/or steaming? Thanks . . . GP
    Create A Great Day ! ! ! !
    MQB-3 / RAB-2 / Booms 11 & 13 / Projects
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members/groovy-pieces-u129541-albums.html

Quote Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy View Post
    sounds great dbl- tomorrow nights dinner. Love Mexican.
    Your welcome.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Thanks for the cabbage recipe's ... cabbage with mustard, sugar and milk ... sounds interesting!! I like exploring foods with ingredients I wouldn't think would go well together (one of my fav's is a Thai soup with coconut milk, lemon, mushrooms and green onions). One "odd recipe" I highly doubt I will ever try is chocolate covered bacon. Just can't bring myself to even think about that one.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

I have trouble thinking of 'bacon' ice cream. They did it on food network chopped program. Not a recipe that I followed up on and printing it out.

I do not know why salmon baked or stewed would get a white skin on it. Would have to 'google' it to find out why. The recipe for salmon I have calls for mayonnaise, pickle relish, and shredded cheese over the salmon and baked or steamed, skin side down and it very good. I forget to share with dh and eat the whole thing.

Blog Entries
    Finally finished my Halloween Doll quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Neat doll quilt. (Cute toe!) Sorry, but it made interesting picture, and very unique!

I mix mayonnaise, shredded cheese and two tablespoons of relish and 13 ritz crushed crackers together and put it over the salmon, and bake it or steam, or grill it in the oven, with skin side down, and can eat whole thing by myself. On rare occasions I make it for company and dh.

Just don't make California Noodles with sour cream and dried apricots and noodles...came from a mystery book and is on the internet...and its a mystery why anyone would think it was good! At least, none of us liked it at all. My biggest failure of all times. Guess I am not suited to be a Californian, I failed the test.

Blog Entries
    Thank you QNS- your recipe for salmon sounds great, I love salmon.

Page 89 of 110 FirstFirst ... 39 79 88 89 90 99 ... LastLast