Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 90 of 110 FirstFirst ... 40 80 89 90 91 100 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

I mix mayonnaise, shredded cheese and two tablespoons of relish and 13 ritz crushed crackers together and put it over the salmon, and bake it or steam, or grill it in the oven, with skin side down, and can eat whole thing by myself. On rare occasions I make it for company and dh.

Thanks QNS . . . I'm going to try that very soon. Were you a Professional Chef in one of your past lives ? ? ? ? I don't think you could make a 'bad' anything . . . . GP
    Create A Great Day ! ! ! !
    Monthly Quilt Bee-V3, D4P,
    Fast & Furious, Slow & Easy, Repeat Boom
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members/groovy-pieces-u129541-albums18954.html

Ole grey mare ain't what she used to be; time and age reflects the past and knows she cannot run the races she did when she was young and full vigor. Instead, of trying to go full steam ahead, its more fun to sit on the sidelines and watch the younger set go full steam ahead. Very rewarding to do that in public education for 37 years in various locations around the USA. Never had the opportunity to go abroad, and never really wanted too do so. Seeing a little of Mexico and more of Canada was enough...and living in Alaska for 13 months. And seeing our own kids excel and make their way in the adult world. We are what we are, no more or no less. I believe all of us have talent in a particular way...an attitude to learn the best of what we are capable of doing within our selves. I love to see what the others do with their 'talents' and how far they can go in their world. Whether its education, experience, or applying knowledge in a new way...especially in the kitchen or sewing room. If we keep an open mind, we can learn so much from others on QB. When you teach, you also learn. A blessing in each new day. Thanks to everyone for being on this journey together and sharing that each of you has done so wonderfully. And QB for giving us this opportunity to 'talk' to one another and to Honchey for leading us on into new discoveries.

NinaSue I always look forward to reading your stories, you are very wise and your words are profound. Thank you
    Karen

I meant ta say Happy B-day Sue!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

So true QNS!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    NinaSue I always look forward to reading your stories, you are very wise and your words are profound. Thank you

Hi all! Well I have been reading this thread over the last couple of days and it has been a joy! QuilterNinASue, Maribel, JeanieG, dulbl and all of you ladies I throughly have enjoyed the chit chat, laughs, recipes, knowledge of life lessons, quilting blocks, quilting knowledge on and on! I did sign up for this group but we started our kitchen which was going to be a simple little face lift but did not turn out that way! We are almost done but it will be another 2 weeks before we have an operable sink, electricity and gas! Yes we been washing dishes in buckets and essentially camping out while kitchen is done! But having said that I would still like to join this group! Am I too late? If so that is ok but I will secretly follow this group! I love the completed blocks and can't wait to start. I do have a question and as I am teaching myself how to quilt. And at times I feel like maybe selling it all but my love for quilting will not allow that so I am determined to learn new techniques along the way. My questions are how much fabric is needed for each block (approximately) or how much fabric do you think all of these blocks will take! I want to start but I get confused on how much fabric a block will take let alone all of the blocks? How many colors did you all get forthisproject? Anyway enough for now. I am going to a local quilt show today and hope to get inspired! I will be looking for fabric for blocks too! Well QuilterNinaSue has made me hungry from reading her wonderful recipes so I best go see what I can fix for breakfast!
    Thanks for the laughs, quilting knowledge and motivation!
    Sent from my iPad

Blog Entries
    Of course you can join! I started and quit and have decided not to sew the blocks but I'm a lurker watching from the sidelines and seeing the beauties created. Meanwhile trying to finish my WIP's and UFO's.
    JeanieG can give advice on kitchen reno's! She's living the.. ahm.. dream aka nightmare.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Jude, it's never too late to join
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

If you have been lurking on this journey, you are always welcome to join us. The first thread that Honchey has started is for block one and two. As I understand it, there will be another thread for three and four. Thus, you can find Mirabelle's guide to the size of fabric for each piece in the block, and make it any time to post on the proper thread. A thread for discussion, a thread for the guide in cutting fabric for each block and a thread to post the pictures. You can ask questions on any thread, discussions are here for all...questions, comments, recipes, hints, help and we all help one another.

Fabric .... I think fat quarters, so you can adapt to each block as you go along. Question: for a table runner or quilt? You can decide later. A yard or two might be enough for total background unless you are going for a queen size, then I would guess at three yards. We all declared what fabric we thought we would use, but I have had several second thoughts and using a different selection. Main objective is to have FUN and to enjoy the journey.

Blog Entries
    Welcome, Jude, hope you enjoy the ride.

Page 90 of 110 FirstFirst ... 40 80 89 90 91 100 ... LastLast