Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 97 of 110 FirstFirst ... 47 87 96 97 98 107 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    So, JeanieG, is the mystery something I'll be able to work from my from? I imagine that she'll give just a few instructions every month for several months?

I'm working on Jamestown Landing from String Fling now and am getting pretty close to having all the half-square triangles done. Haven't done any of the alternate string (neutral) blocks done. I've done it almost exclusively with leaders and enders.

Cindy, she gives instructions every Friday for five or six weeks, starting November 29th. The fabrics needed will be posted on October 23rd. She will give us the amounts and colors that she uses, including paint chip numbers so you can get the correct colors, if you choose to go with her colors. I don't have the nerve to change colors, as it is a mystery and you have no clue what it is going to look like. Look up Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll, Orca Bay, or Easy Street photos here on the Board to see what her Mysteries come out like.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

JeanieG, are you going to do this one coming up? I may join you! I've only done one other mystery quilt before at my LQS. I wasn't thrilled with how my quilt came out but I think I will enjoy Bonnie's. Hope this one is something I can pull all fabric for when she posts on Oct 23rd so I can get organized. I sew on the dining room table and all my fabrics are in big bins - not easy to manage them. Meant to catch quiltcam live last night but fell asleep too early. I've been watching her archived 'shows.'

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post

Cindy, she gives instructions every Friday for five or six weeks, starting November 29th. The fabrics needed will be posted on October 23rd. . . .
    I just checked and she's posted the fabrics needed!! I might check my stash this weekend and see if I have the same colors and try to join in. Her details were pretty extensive. I think I 'get' it.

Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    I just checked and she's posted the fabrics needed!! I might check my stash this weekend and see if I have the same colors and try to join in. Her details were pretty extensive. I think I 'get' it.
    Yup, I'm in! I did find a lot if fabrics in my stash but many were small pieces sooooo I went shopping!!! I did need neutrals for sure so got some yardage and about 15 FQs just fell into my basket that will perk things up! BTW...the real excuse for shopping was picking up a quilt from my LAer. Good day!

Yippee, I got the information this morning too. Man talk about bright primary colors!!! I guess all the neutrals will balance it out, right!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Hey that looks great, love the Irish colors and it is starting November 29th after my eye surgery. Have them in my stash and the neutrals too. I may try that for a while and see how it goes. Signed up with Bonnie Hunter's face book. I love the bold yellows, greens and blues. Will there be a division on QB for her Mystery Quilt?

Yes, we usually have a thread for those signed up, at least we have the last two years. What fun, glad you are thinking of joining us QNS!!!

Blog Entries
    what is the sight address for it, I love Bonnie Hunter patterns.

You could also 'goggle' Celtic Solstice or www.Quiltville.com or Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt.

Senior Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    So excited about Bonnie's new mystery I think I am going to do the smaller one. Have 2 king size quilts already. The color combos are great but may have to change out a color or two or use different hues of her choices. Trying to use up my stash and scraps. I have completed Easy Street and Lazy Sunday and they are ready for there new homes. I do have Tulip Fields in the works also that is in one of Bonnie's books. Can not wait to get started and I had bought the tri rec rulers for a class I was going to take and never did so this is perfect.
    ​Christine

Page 97 of 110 FirstFirst ... 47 87 96 97 98 107 ... LastLast