Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 98 of 110 FirstFirst ... 48 88 97 98 99 108 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

I took a class on using the tri-rec ruler around 6 years ago. I thought it was confusing, but I know Bonnie will explain it so I can use it again.

Kwiltcrazy - here is the link to Bonnie's message:\

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/...ng-celtic.html
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Does anyone have a picture of the tri-rec ruler you're talking about for the Bonnie Hunter mystery. (Oops - JeanieG, I just re-read your message. I'll check that link.) Here are a couple of pictures of the ruler we used for the class I took with her in 2011.
    Name:  2. line up 2.5 solid line.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  499.6 KB

Name:  Photo0333.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  619.4 KB

Name:  Photo0334.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  637.4 KB

I want to use my stash and don't know if I have her colors. I like her colors but am desperate to reduce the amount of fabric I have. You guys may have to help me pick which of my own stash I use.

QuiltingNinaSue, when is your surgery? I'm sure you'll be glad when you've had it.

Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of the tri-rec ruler you're talking about for the Bonnie Hunter mystery.
    t.
    i googled it and found a picture and a tutorial.

CindyA, my cataract surgery is Nov 1st. Thank you for asking.

Here is a photo of my ruler. I think that the packaging is different now, I know it is for the Easy Angle and Companion Angle rulers I just saw at Jo-Ann's.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    thanks for all the help with the Bonnie Hunter web site

JeanieG, I have a ruler like you do. I love my rulers and that is what I used in my Pansy Passion II quilt throw. Originally the rulers did the 54-40 block.

I love what everyone has finished so far in the SYE blocks..bright colors, excellent jobs on all of them. Impossible to pick a favorite of all the blocks. I do not know if I am making a quilt or table runners, time will tell the tale. It is fun and exciting to see the many ways of the making the blocks with the colors used and looking so different from one another. Unique and lovely, each in their own right, and each one so well done. Pat yourselves on the back for an excellent job on each block.

QuiltingNinaSue, in case I don't get back on here before the 1st, thinking of you regarding the surgery. I know you'll have a great outcome and will be back sewing in a jiffy!! Let us know how you're doing.

CindyA, the surgery was yesterday and went very well, I could see yesterday,and today there is no pain. Keep looking for my glasses or trying to adjust the glasses upward, but there is no glasses since they 'built' it into the lens. Everything is so bright and white, have to wear sunglasses outside the house. Amazing. simply amazing to be able to see. Still following the doctor's orders; checkup is on the 6th. Bf took me and is giving me the eye drops on schedule. DH is calling me 'Eagle eye!'

QNS - So glad the surgery was soooo successful! It is amazing how that surgery works! The Eye Dr. says I have the beginning of cataracts and it would probably be around eight to ten years in the future before I will need surgery. You never know though, my friend was told that and her eyes escalated really fast and she had to have surgery much earlier than expected.

Page 98 of 110 FirstFirst ... 48 88 97 98 99 108 ... LastLast