Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride >

Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Old 12-30-2012, 01:57 PM

Thank you, I love it too.
McCalls Quilting - Nov/Dec 2009 -- didn't realize it was that old, thought it was last year's. Paper pieced in case some don't realize what it is.
Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
I also love your avatar quilt. Do you have the name of the magazine? Even if I don't already have it, maybe the library does.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:59 PM

The more the merrier - glad you have joined us.
Originally Posted by roserips View Post
Guess I will go diving in the scrap barrel and see what happens!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:00 PM

QKrazy ... what can I say .... besides "ouch"
Old 12-30-2012, 02:20 PM

Ouch is right!! Usually I cut a fingernail off or someway the top of my knuckle gets a little slit. Went and looked at strips here and there from previous quilts and pieces, cut, cut and have enough blocks of 12 and probably enough in the bin for 6 or 8 more. Hmmm guess I just keep cuttin'. Didn't make a dent, if anyone needs some let me know and I'll send it to you, it would be a surprise. Please please don't cut into your "good" fabric for scrappy I'll send you all you want, if you're not doing controlled. So here's the pics............totally scrappy, usually I do strips of different quilts I've made all year. [ATTACH=CONFIG]384866[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]384867[/ATTACH] My kids come and look at the fabric and say, oh that's mine, who's was that? They recognize the material, kinda' cool and yep I keep those scrappy ones.
Attached Thumbnails dscf1001.jpg   dscf1002.jpg  
Old 12-30-2012, 02:20 PM

I have 61 squares cut now. You'd think I could just make the smaller one, but no. It's gotta be the bigger one for me! I have started cutting 2 of each now. Plus I am thinking ahead and cutting 2 1/2" squares out of the scraps. Maybe Judy will plan another scrappy with 2 1/2" squares. hint, hint!
Judy I thought your avatar looked hard enough without seeing the borders. WOW! That is amazing!
I am also working on a wall hanging for my daughter's nursery. It has to be finished before her baby shower on the 19th but I am afraid to start it. I have an idea in my head for it so I guess I'd better just jump in. During the Packer game I will trace the elephants onto steam a seam and then I can at least get those cut out. I just don't know how big to make the background to get it started. Then I need to sketch out some trees to put on it. That part scares me too.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:41 PM

No, Pam, no plans for 2-1/2" squares in the future. I really am not all that fond of them, even tho' I like the way they look when SOMEONE ELSE does them. LOL I also have a box of 3-1/2" squares ...... February is coming up...... No, I'm not going to use 3-1/2 squares,o't start cutting, gotta try something different.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:47 PM

Jaba, I know that feeling! My GN, GS & I are all three doing the smaller one scrappy. We've got this clue's cut, just have to make the 9-patch blocks now, but DH distracted us. He's remodeling one of the bathrooms & keeps asking for help. I'm hoping to get all the blocks done tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:56 PM

If I had a bathroom remodel going, I'd do the same thing. You bet honey I'll be right there, just keep him working!! It is really nice when they come home and know what fabric was their's I just can't give those away. Don't know what I'm going to do with all of them but when I kick the can they can figure it out. What a legacy I'll be leaving my poor kids, goin through all the stuff. Got rid of almost everything else, just material and sewing machines now. Will have to show them this site and give them names and addresses in my will and tell them to send ASAP.....
Old 12-30-2012, 03:27 PM

so much fun going through my scraps, Already completed the first task.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:31 PM

Got all my blocks cut -- no duplicates in the 4 1/2 inc squares ... YEAH!

Judy, I was wondering about the A & B fabrics. You said high contrast, but what about prints vs solids? Would black and white work? I may wait to see what step 2 is before I "commit"!

My meal car has biscuits today (I am in the south, after all!)