Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 60 of 108 FirstFirst ... 10 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Senior Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Dedemac I think red stars would look good! My blocks were an off white with gold like spots on it and I used dark green and I am happy with the colors.
    ​Christine

Name:  judy.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  232.2 KB

Here I am all caught up and waiting for the final clue wahoo! I really like this top it has turned out much better than I had imagined and I'm glad I went for colurs not in the 9P.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltaddiction View Post
    Name:  judy.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  232.2 KB

Here I am all caught up and waiting for the final clue wahoo! I really like this top it has turned out much better than I had imagined and I'm glad I went for colurs not in the 9P.
    WOW!! I really like how your quilt top has turned out so far. It's so pretty, as all of the other's are too. This sure is a great project. I almost have my top all put together & I have used a white on white with blue star's too. I am hoping to be able to post my picture tomorrow. Thank You everyone for sharing all of your quilt tops, to this point. Now we wait for the final clue!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

frustrated and quilt addiction - love these, both are very nice.

dedemac, if you use red and yellow, it will really pop with red stars. Those colors will be great together But don't forget to change out the placement within your top left block of the red square in the lower left corner - the HST will get lost in that block.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    frustrated and quilt addiction - love these, both are very nice.

Dedemac, if you use red and yellow, it will really pop with red stars. Those colors will be great together but don't forget to change out the placement within your top left block of the red square in the lower left corner - the hst will get lost in that block.

right on. True. Do it. Go for it. Beautiful work ladies.

I'm so glad everyone posts their progress. It's fun to see all the different sashing choices and how it makes the 9p's look. I'm still cutting grandma squares. I know I have enough for 12 -9p's blocks, but I'm following all y'all's advice and throwing in a bag when I sew them and I want all the color possibilities grandma has. Maybe I'll be able to make two!!
    SheriR~
    December 2.5" Candy Charm Swap
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t254479.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Blog Entries
    and sat will get here. really. sighhhh.

He he he he. Ok the joke is on me. I thought today was the day that the clue was posted. SIGH. oh well I still haven't decided on my A and B. My other project I am working on....my first QAYG is now being all torn out. It came out wonky. I had not quite half put together and I couldn't get it to lie flat. I thought about it and realized that I never squared up by 6 1/2 by 12 1/2 rectangles. So I measured them and golly I have some that are 13 inches and 14 inches long. No wonder it looks wonky. I had to stretch the spacers and couldn't figure that out until now. So I am taking out all the quilting and going to start over. This could take me several days. Another thing that I did wrong was that I didn't realize that I could use one color on top and another color in the bobbin. THis is my first QAYG and I can honestly say I am learning so much. I can't believe how much I am learning. LOL.
    Well I have decided on my B color but want to do scrapy stars. I think I wil ldo that inbetween my tearing out here.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Got my second six 9 patches done and started on getting them together with the sashing. Was excited to get all the stars out of my last scraps of that print. Then realized I needed twice as many 2-1/2" squares as I had cut. So after sleeping on the problem realized I could sew two of the little cut off triangles together and have a big enough triangle to fit the spot if I stitched very carefully. So now to get the rest of those done.

Blog Entries
    Dedemac, what if you switched the colors so the stars were yellow. Just a thought.

Page 60 of 108 FirstFirst ... 10 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast