Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 82 of 108 FirstFirst ... 32 72 81 82 83 92 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Vicki, you took scrappy to a whole new level. Finishing blue makes the stars stand out. Is the binding going to be scrappy?
    Not sure yet...depends on what I decide to use for the backing...may have to add a 2 1/2" border around the quilt first so I don't cut off any of the star points with binding.

Quote Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
    sheri, beautiful.
    mean, i took one of craftsy's quilting classes. or at least i started it, just before i broke my shoulder/arm. it never expires.--cheap also, i thought. was thinking, since i had the 2nd computer downstairs, that i should finish it.
    hope all is well with you.
    thanks! I should try a craftsy class. My motto for my next 28 quilts is "It all puckers in the wash" Not even near perfect quilting, but I'm thinking by the time I finish all my quilts, I might improve... lol
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

SheriR-love the back too.

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    thanks! I should try a craftsy class. My motto for my next 28 quilts is "It all puckers in the wash" Not even near perfect quilting, but I'm thinking by the time I finish all my quilts, I might improve... lol

You're my kind of person. "It all puckers in the wash."
    Deb

Blog Entries
    SheriR, your quilt is beautiful -- especially the fuschia backing! I haven't gotten very far on my quilt, but I'm making mine using squares cut from remnants from my late mom's sewing projects. I'm keeping this one for myself so I'm only working on it between other stuff I'm doing. Are we always the last recipients of our own endeavors?
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Evie, what you say is true. I gift myself last. LoL I think it's so sweet you can make a quilt that will mean so much to you. Enjoy the process! And please remember to share your finish with us.
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

OH I discovered something else about loading pictures. Maybe only my machine that does it. I have to load the picture first. Then type what I want to say. If I do that in reverse....type my message first.....then upload it won't work. Don't know why but that is how it works for me. Maybe that is how it will work for others too. Don't know but thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth.
    Isn't it amazing how all our quilts look so different. I love this pattern and I love all the pictures of everyones quilt. Just amazes me.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    I can load pictures anywhere i want - before, in or after text. I do find that if it loads in the text and i don't want it to, I can't move it.

Everyone's quilts look great. I will try and post a picture of mine this weekend if it is sewed together. It is all up on the design wall and I am doing some each day. Judy, thanks for a great ride and pattern. I think I will be making some more of these. Didn't seem to use up much of the stash........
    Lisa

Blog Entries
    I'd be done if I had a personal presser. Every time I need more pieces they are on the ironing board. I haven't used much stash either, but I've sure made a mess trying to find the scraps I want.

Page 82 of 108 FirstFirst ... 32 72 81 82 83 92 ... LastLast