Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The "sye" spike your english bom.......january >

The "sye" spike your english bom.......january

The "sye" spike your english bom.......january

Old 01-05-2014, 12:08 PM

Beautiful blocks, Mirabelle and Klgreene and Roserips. I like getting a few ideas before I dive into the SYE block building. Trying to get to that project after....??? have the pattern run off to do.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:48 PM

Awesome blocks, ladies. Mirab, I think that is the next block? I hope I'm posting the right one (senior blonde here).[ATTACH=CONFIG]454988[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sye-7.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 04:42 PM

Striking block Jan..Love it!!!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:41 AM

Here is my Rays of Light and the group of 6 done to this point.[ATTACH=CONFIG]455048[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]455049[/ATTACH]I'll add the rest of the borders when I see where I get the best balance of the blocks when they are all done. Not sure yet just how big I want this quilt to become.
JanRN...Your block is stunning with the colors you've chosen.
KLGreene and Roserips very nice. Glad to see such beautiful blocks to start off the year.
Mirabelle...I think your block is Number 8, Diamonds. Now we all know what to do for the next one this month.
Attached Thumbnails dsc01507.jpg   dsc01500.jpg  
Old 01-06-2014, 06:47 AM

I actually never did paper piecing before and tried this first block back in August. It came out great and I was so proud of myself. I used scraps just to see if I could rise to the challenge. Well, it is now January and I have yet to make one of these. I don't know what is going on but I promised myself I would sew something today; anything because I have not used my machine for about 3 months - unless you count hemming my husband's new PJ's. I went through this last winter too so I know I will come back but your blocks are an inspiration; all of them. They are beautiful and getting me motivated!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:13 AM

GardenGal, love your color themes and the whole family of SYEs. Great job and great balance there. I could not keep a color scheme going here, so my will be a scrappy combination...still do not know if mine is a quilt or table mats, table runner, etc., it will surprise me in the end, I am sure.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:39 AM

Ggal, those are amazing! I usually get bored making blocks with the same color combos but your blocks are inspiring me to rethink that.

Dcamarote, hemming pjs doesn't count LOL!! We need you to jump in and just start a block--I think they're addicting. I say I'm just going to do one section today and the next thing you know I have 2 or 3 done. I think seasonal depression has a lot to do with motivation, creativity, etc. C'mon--we need to see some blocks, the more I see, the more I'm ispired.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Ggal, those are amazing! I usually get bored making blocks with the same color combos but your blocks are inspiring me to rethink that.

Dcamarote, hemming pjs doesn't count LOL!! We need you to jump in and just start a block--I think they're addicting. I say I'm just going to do one section today and the next thing you know I have 2 or 3 done. I think seasonal depression has a lot to do with motivation, creativity, etc. C'mon--we need to see some blocks, the more I see, the more I'm ispired.
Actually you and GrannyQ started me on this path with your black and white mystery blocks. I think the key is to have some variety among the same color.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:22 AM

GGal, What a beautiful set of blocks....The balance of colors is sooo perfect...
Old 01-06-2014, 09:13 AM

I really like all the blocks that have been posted. I'm trying to play catch up now. GGal, i really like all of your fabrics. I don't know how I will finish my red/white/black quilt, think I will add some more blocks to it.
Here is a picture of my Ray of Lights.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]455093[/ATTACH]
Now all together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]455094[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails spike-blocks-001.jpg   spike-blocks-002.jpg