Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The "SYE" Spike your English Finished/Completed Update Page

The "SYE" Spike your English Finished/Completed Update Page

Hi Everyone, This is where all of you will be posting your "SYE" completed project...some of you will be showing projects other than "tops"...So...Let's get the show on the road !!!

Mine is still just a "top". I liked one similar shown in one of the "Quilt Obsession" books. I ordered similar fabric of Kaffe Fassett's for it.Name:  securedownload.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  201.6 KBIt is showing sideways don't know why. I am thinking of changing the border to a piano key border using all of the different fabrics.
    Last edited by nygal; 04-19-2014 at 06:17 AM.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Uh Oh, now I am feeling guilty. Must finish my spiker blocks so they can become a quilt.

Sweet Caroline

nygal... very nice. I am making three more to make the quilt larger. Another reason, I left the corner fabric in AZ. No fabric like it in my area, so will make it larger and puta couple diff boarders on it. Something is wrong with my down loading so cant show the blocks. I will try and fix it soon! LOL

Nygal, love your quilt. All my blocks are done but not put together yet. Maybe I should get a move on.

Great job, NYGal. I had my almost done with the pieced border along side it and hated it. Took it apart and now I have to figure out what borders to use. I love your background fabric--it ties it all together and lets the blocks shine.
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

Thank you ladies, Yes, janRN the fabric I used of Kaffe Fassett's does have all of the colors that I used in my fabric. It looks better up close. I think I WILL make the border I have on it much smaller and add a piano key border of all the batiks that I used in the blocks. I think that will give it some PUNCH. ...I hope!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Blog Entries
    Great Job and I think piano key border will look nice. I need to get busy and get mine done. These are a lot of fun and challenging to make. They have made me not afraid to do PP anymore. Thank you to all of you that help us new one learn to PP.

Very pretty NYGAL. I'm soooo far behind. I've downloaded all of them but have only made 5 of the blocks so far. Must get back to it.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Beautiful quilt top nygal

Here is mine, taken after I finished the last blocks and put the borders on, I have since basted it and done a lot of SID and now just need to tackle the FMQ.

I thoroughly enjoyed making these blocks, and love the finished quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Karen

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast