Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 102 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 101 102 103 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1583

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Judy,
    My fabric A is directional! Should the "top" of my fabric A be at the point of the goose? I'd like to stick with my fabric A even though the pattern is a little large and is directional. I'm making a template so that I can fussy cut the 6" x 3.25" rectangles to give more hint of the hot air balloons. Before I cut my fabric, could you advise, please?
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Thanks ,I have been writting all this down and I saw that 31/2 ,BUT I GOT IT RIGHT NOW on my way to the bird cage

Wild horses and wild geese......the train is at my house! Yeah, jumping on board and on my way to the design car!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Was on my way to the dome car for the chips and salsa and I got Goosed !!!! Rotfl
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Jenniky, was he good looking? If not, give us the description and we'll all hit him as we walk by.

I have more salsa that I would share. Daughter's graduation isn't for another couple weeks, so what I have stashed is available.

Flying geese???? I might have to do wonky ones, as they aren't my favorite. Will have to look at the instructions again.

Did everyone see that my quilt was chosen for free quilting by Darby. I can't wait to see what she does with it. My lucky day. WOW

paintmejudy: what is the size of the flying geese once made? 3" x6"??? I use Eleanor Burns' method to make flying geese using her special rulers. Thanks. I fished step 2 and have the step 3 rectangles pinned on ready to sew. Unfortunately , I have to wait a few days. I had my carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand today. I should be able to sew in a few days.
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

You probably will like the flying geese with the point where the colors cross to be facing the quilt, so the hot air balloons would have the large part of the balloon at the outside of the quilt. If this isn't clear, I will take a picture of what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by auntlucy View Post
    Judy,
    My fabric A is directional! Should the "top" of my fabric A be at the point of the goose? I'd like to stick with my fabric A even though the pattern is a little large and is directional. I'm making a template so that I can fussy cut the 6" x 3.25" rectangles to give more hint of the hot air balloons. Before I cut my fabric, could you advise, please?
    Piecing, then quilting, with the North Wind blowing,
    The days go by quickly when I am sewing.

Finished size of the flying geese will be 5-1/2" long by 2-3/4" wide. Don't know how to advise you if you are using a special ruler, I am not familiar with them. I just make geese the old fashioned way with rectangles and squares. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
    paintmejudy: what is the size of the flying geese once made? 3" x6"??? I use Eleanor Burns' method to make flying geese using her special rulers. Thanks. I fished step 2 and have the step 3 rectangles pinned on ready to sew. Unfortunately , I have to wait a few days. I had my carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand today. I should be able to sew in a few days.

Blog Entries

These are the largest geese I have ever made....and they are 'hungry birds' finished off all the wild bird seed in the feeder..... but...they are kinda cute, well....very cute....won me over.

Glad I made you happy, sunlite! I think you will like the way the flock gets assembled.

Page 102 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 101 102 103 112 152 ... LastLast