Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 112 of 159 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 111 112 113 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1584

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries
    remember one year camping in the sierras in the middle of August and waking up to the children yelling"it's snowing"

people watch the Rose Parade each year and see the snow on the verdugo and san gabriel 'mountains' (really tall hills) and then are surprised we have snow....guessing they do not realize the state is wide as well as long and sea level to tall mountain range, a couple of hours drive away.

Even being a CA native, I can sort of understand the shock. I've never lived south of Marin County. So when I was in Pasadena last week I definitely noticed the differences between northern and southern CA. It's all the same state but sometimes it seems worlds apart to me too. Anyway, lest anyone think I don't like the rest of the country, I've also lived in WA and briefly, MI. Each state and area has it's own beauty.....snow or no snow!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

We can't be too far from each other if you are in the way north of California and I am in the way south of Oregon. I am about at 4200 feet.

Talking about your CAlifornia geography
    .... many don't realize that the Northern part of California, is further north,
    than the southern most part of Ontario, Canada!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

here are my geese blocksName:  IMG_1030.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  1.17 MB

Naomi, those look lovely.

PokerDiva -- we are far northeastern Ca, so depends on what part of southern oregon you are. If you are in Lakeview, or even Klamath Falls, then yep, we're close.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Quilte---had no idea either. I had to go look at the globe!

I am in Klamath Falls. It is snowing almost everyday but doesn't really stick around. Not the usual winter. We have had lots of wind storms though.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    Naomi, those look lovely.

PokerDiva -- we are far northeastern Ca, so depends on what part of southern oregon you are. If you are in Lakeview, or even Klamath Falls, then yep, we're close.

Oh man, you have quick access to Tater Patch! Several of the Ladies from our guild are making the BOM with them. I get up there once or twice a year. We used to go up there more but it's a pretty far for a day trip with 2 young children. And to children and trying shop Tater Patch -- I've learned not to go with 2 children in tow!

Just popping in to say how much I like everyone's blocks. I'll be interested to see how this mystery ends.

Page 112 of 159 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 111 112 113 122 ... LastLast