Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries
    white pine B,C,D,E are all 2 1/2 by WOF so you could probably choose these at your LQS. they are usually rolled up and in a basket by the registar......this would save you piecing fat quarters......another option would be skinny quarters. My LQS even has 6 inch by WOF great for when you just need a bit of something or a lot of variety

Blog Entries
    I am looking forward to this mystery. I am going now to choose my fabrics. How do I post a picture?
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    This is so much fun, and new additions every day......thank you for starting this !!!!!!!!

wish everyone had what state or province or country because it is such fun that we are all over the map

I am in Burbank which is in Los Angeles County in California and I noted one mystery solver in Camarillo which is Ventura County the next county north and about 75 miles

and Arizona is due East about 600 miles

Never pass up a chance to go shopping!

But yes, you will be able to use scrappy. If you are undecided, you can wait until the next set of instructions are posted on 3/5. At that point you may be able to more easily see where this is going and can then pick your fabrics.
    Quote Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
    I've never done a mystery quilt and this is a small commitment so I'm excited to jump in. I'm fairly new so I don't have a stash and was waiting to go shopping. LOL. Really, I only have two pieces that are still a full quarter yard. But Judy, since you orginally said it could be scrappy, and just above you said we could use fat quarters, maybe I can use what I've got. I've still got a week to decide. I think shopping would be more fun.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~Roy L. Smith

I think six of these fabrics would go well with your mystery. Very pretty colors.
    Quote Originally Posted by debtex View Post
    Well, since you said "novice" and I picked up these pretty pretty fabrics that I have no idea what to do with, I'm going to join! Here are some sunny fabrics I think I'll use. I grabbed 7, not 6, so I will eliminate either the pale yellow (currently at "C") or the pale green print (currently at "E"). The bold solid yellow is my dominant color.

So excited!

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~Roy L. Smith

Only 400 miles, Sunlit! My daughter lives in Long Beach and I am on the east side of Phoenix, 405 miles door to door. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    This is so much fun, and new additions every day......thank you for starting this !!!!!!!!

wish everyone had what state or province or country because it is such fun that we are all over the map

I am in Burbank which is in Los Angeles County in California and I noted one mystery solver in Camarillo which is Ventura County the next county north and about 75 miles

and Arizona is due East about 600 miles

I want to play too. Gonna check my color wheel.
    Happy fingers, happy heart.

Welcome, grammy, glad you can join the fun.

Blog Entries
    Finally found the fabric (I think) for the mystery quilt. What do you think?Name:  100_1189.JPG
Views: 355
Size:  1.01 MBName:  100_1189.JPG
Size:  1.01 MB

I don't know about anyone else but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    Finally found the fabric (I think) for the mystery quilt. What do you think?Name:  100_1189.JPG
Size:  1.01 MBName:  100_1189.JPG
Size:  1.01 MB

Page 13 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 63 113 ... LastLast