Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 147 of 159 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 146 147 148 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1584

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries

appliquied the dot above the 'i' so now they all get the cording border and layered, turned and quilteds

I wonder what the mystery project will be.....yesterday sorted thru stash and made some interesting color match ups... so 8 days..........think I will clean and oil the sewing machine......new needle for sure !

Blog Entries
    WOW, WOW!!! I haven't ever seen this tech. before, but I best check into it. Love the colors, Sunliten.

Yes I have some choc wine. Also some Chokecherry, apple and grape. Was so fun to walk into the silent auction area and see pictures of the wine by the Flanders Charolais Winery. This gentleman was a friend of my father's when they both raised Charolais cattle in the 60's and 70's. He is now a retired farmer and a wood turner. Sent the "pictures" (I kept the wine) to my father last week.

Jen, I have 2 boxes of crackers that I can bring to go with the cheese also. Oh goodness, I can already hear the chatter. New friends to get to know.

Take care.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Blog Entries
    I made some homemade rhubarb/raspberry pie I can bring that also. I suppose forks, napkins, and plates would be appropriate as well. I have not had apple wine and love the chokecherry. That one brings back memories from my childhood when mom and dad made wine. Yum! and make sure there is a rail to protect us from falling off, that would be from the laughter of course.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

OH QuilterMomma, don't worry about taking the pie in - I'll eat it in my cabin - sorry I just can't share RHUBARB.. That is my all time fav of any fruit. I know I should share, but----- ;o( Ya know there are just things so good ya just want to hog it all? I'll bring some Black Bottom Pie, that will go well with the wine, for trade...lololo Will that work?

Jean

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I made some homemade rhubarb/raspberry pie I can bring that also. I suppose forks, napkins, and plates would be appropriate as well. I have not had apple wine and love the chokecherry. That one brings back memories from my childhood when mom and dad made wine. Yum! and make sure there is a rail to protect us from falling off, that would be from the laughter of course.

Blog Entries
    You ladies make me so hungry! I am so bad, there goes my diet right out the window with the Chocolate wine, and hats off to the inventor of Chocolate Wine~

My Mystery quilt, which I was going to use as a table topper, it finished out to be 36 X 36, ended up going to Oregon as a Baby quilt. I never would have thought that Black and white and Turquoise would be good colors for a Baby quilt. But it is, and happily wanted by Mom and Dad.

I now have to make a quilt for Big brother. He is two and really into John Deere, so I guess I am going to be making a John Deere quilt. I sure am glad they have the fabric available everywhere.

I am excited about the May 9th date too! I will be heading up to Sacramento for a wedding, on a Train no less! I made the dress for the Bride and the Maid of Honor with out any fittings~ so say a prayer for us that everything fits! The Wedding is on Friday so I have all day Thursday to make adjustments... I love living on the edge of Sanity... This is seriously, ok hopefully, my last wedding dress... naw, I am sure I will make more if asked, hard to turn them down!

But when I get back home It will be nice to relax with a Bottle of "chocolate wine" and a new Mystery quilt. btw where do I find it?
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Count me in for anything with rhubarb if there's enough! Oh, yummers!! I'm ready for the next train, although I haven't figured out how I want to finish the first mystery yet. There have been some beautiful finishes. Love the chatter and love the sense of community. I'll bring my homemade applesauce if anyone's interested! See you May 9 for sure!!

Blog Entries
    Have not heard of Picture Pieced; Sunliten Smiles... Im off to search it on the web and also the book you mention by Cynthia England. I love the fabrics...and such a pretty name..Julia. A new grandchild how exciting! Coopah do you have any homemade applebutter...I so miss having that.

I'm taking an unplanned trip to Kentucky with my daughter. She promised me if I rode along we would stop at the Quilt Museum. She knows I have been wanting to see it.. so how could I say no. LOL SEW packing up some fabric scraps, needle and thread... she said no to me taking the sewing machine and my stash and cutting board and.... well you get the idea. No internet where we are going so will not be in contact until late Sunday..or Monday. Will catch up with you all on the next stop.
    Have an awesome day!

You all all so fabulous, your support of my mystery has been overwhelming to me, and I just love all the postings that have been made, love the fact that you are still coming around to chat and to post pictures. I know that next train ride will be just as much fun. Can't wait -- one week from today! Looks like there will be a lot of returning passengers, as well as many new faces.

Marytodd it will be under the blocks of the week and month, titled A New MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

And jennify, I make apple butter every fall, will bring a jar on the net train. Also will bring some pumpkin butter for every one to try-- almost as good as apple butter, but less calories. (I make both in a crock pot -- no worries about burning the fruit as it cooks down) All the chocolate and cheese we are eating, the pumpkin butter may save us a few pounds!
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 05-02-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~Roy L. Smith

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    You all all so fabulous, your support of my mystery has been overwhelming to me, and I just love all the postings that have been made, love the fact that you are still coming around to chat and to post pictures. I know that next train ride will be just as much fun. Can't wait -- one week from today! Looks like there will be a lot of returning passengers, as well as many new faces.

Thanks to you PMJudy for hosting the Mystery!!
    ... have you announced what size the next mystery project will be?
    or is that a total secret til next Wednesday?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries
    tears of joy ...... vision not to good right now.....my DS and DDIL who live in Illinois just sent an e-mail....they have purchased a sewing machine , fabric and thread for a family in need, in my name, this is the besest Mothers Day ever.

Page 147 of 159 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 146 147 148 157 ... LastLast