Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 148 of 159 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 147 148 149 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1584

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries
    Hey, I missed the party in the club car yesterday but I'll bet there are plenty of leftovers. Sunliten, sure would like to be sitting next to you in the club car and learn how to do such beautiful handwork.

Blog Entries
    Sunliten, what a wonderful present. You were a good mom because son learned giving back!!!!

Judy, haven't ever had pumpkin butter. (Pumpkin pie is my all time favorite!!!!!) Yes, with all these snacks, my thighs have gotten bigger. Maybe they will let us run beside the train for awhile to get some exercise. However, maybe we'll have to have a rope to hang on to. Jen, I have an apple tree. You can come and get some apples this fall. I'm usually tired of harvesting when the apples need picking.

Rhubarb, oh no. Was just talking about it the other day. Wondering if I should make some jam while it is ready. Haven't done anything about it yet. Making jam for the Standing Rock Reservation Christmas baskets.

Well ladies, I have some pillowcases that are staring at me. Ordered some new quilting books, but they didn't come in the mail today, so I will have to sew on these instead.

Take care - I'll be waiting for the train to stop. By the looks of my packing so far, I'll need a bus to get me there.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Blog Entries
    Jenniky, I only make applesauce, sorry. Keep your eyes open on your trip and you may find apple butter. It's good on toast. Enjoy your trip. Are you "in" for the next mystery?

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    tears of joy ...... vision not to good right now.....my DS and DDIL who live in Illinois just sent an e-mail....they have purchased a sewing machine , fabric and thread for a family in need, in my name, this is the besest Mothers Day ever.
    How wonderful!!! You are blessed!! Where in So Cal are you? I'm in San Marcos (San Diego)!!

I'm still working on my mystery-need to add a border and then quilt and bind it! I love how it looks! (will post a picture soon). Even though I haven't finished this one, and have more Boom Swap blocks to make, as well as several other projects in the works, I do plan to take the next Mystery Train with you all!! Wouldn't want to miss all the fun in the club car!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Burbank here......I have a Godson/Nephew in San Marcos with a wonderful large family and my Sister and Brother-in-law will be visiting them for a couple of weeks, later this month.....my Daughter and I hope to join them for a day and "visit" Amidon, and Rosies and quilt- in -a-day also! do not have all the details worked out. Mini quilt run.

Every time I think about the gift from my Son and Daughter-in-law, my eyes get misty all over again.

You are welcome, and all will be revealed in time, QuiltE!

Sunlite, how proud you must be of your DS and DDIL. Such a wonderful, caring gesture.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    OH QuilterMomma, don't worry about taking the pie in - I'll eat it in my cabin - sorry I just can't share RHUBARB.. That is my all time fav of any fruit. I know I should share, but----- ;o( Ya know there are just things so good ya just want to hog it all? I'll bring some Black Bottom Pie, that will go well with the wine, for trade...lololo Will that work?

Jean
    Ooooh, I have tons of rhubarb and have been waiting for the strawberries to make strawberries to I can make strawberry/rhubarb cobbler. I'll bring some cobbler and real whipped cream. And I will also bring some fresh pulled rhubarb stalks to nibble on. So good sprinkled with a little fine sugar.
    Sweet Caroline

Oh my gosh, I am salivating!!! Ya'all are gonna keep going til I have to go bake a pie..A big piece sure would taste good right now...yum

Counting the days until the 9th!! Can't get here soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    Jenniky, I only make applesauce, sorry. Keep your eyes open on your trip and you may find apple butter. It's good on toast. Enjoy your trip. Are you "in" for the next mystery?
    Well, I just had peach butter the other day, and couldn't believe how good that was. Only tried apple butter before so this was a nice change.

Page 148 of 159 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 147 148 149 158 ... LastLast