Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 153 of 159 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1584

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries
    paintmejudy, nice video. Does that mean there is yellow in it for the sun?????
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

island, whatever you wish it to be, it will be. Oh wait, that sounds like a different song!
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Blog Entries

actually not even 24 hours now...only about 21 or so.....finishing binding of charity quilt for tomarrow night guild meeting..........................and counting the hours !!!!!

Blog Entries
    OK T O M O R R O W!!! We just have to wait.
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Blog Entries
    Tomorrow......it won't be a day away tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Hi Everyone,
    I am so anxious for tomorrow to get here too, but I should show you the wall hanging that I made to go with my Mystery Train table topper. This was such a fun project to make. I hope you will enjoy seeing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    cheerful and colorful so much joy !

a small village about 65 miles north of NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
    Pumpkin butter? Does anyone have a recipe for that?
    I've been lurking, don't have time to do one more project right now, but loved seeing all your different quilts, maybe this summer when things settle down a little I'll make mine - can't wait to see what the new mystery will be, although that too will just be enjoyed vicariously since I can't take it on yet.

But ... you asked for a recipe for pumpkin butter - I have one that is easy-peasy and super delish.

Cut pumpin(s) into quarters or smaller, roast in 350 degree oven until cooked thoroughly, scrape all the pumpkin flesh into large kettle, cook slowly over very low heat,stir once in a while to make sure it doesn't stick to bottom of the pan, until it thickens up to the consistency of cream of wheat ... add brown sugar to taste (I usually put in about 1 cup for every 4 cups of pumpkin) and some UNCRYSTALLIZED candied ginger, chopped fine (I get it from Trader Joe's, hope you can find some somewhere, if not local, maybe online? Crystallized might work too, but the flavor will be more pronounced) continue cooking and stirring until the pumpkin butter is a nice deep orangish brown, it is nice and thick and it tastes just right. see, simple, three ingredients a little stirring and the aroma is wonderful even before you add the sugar and ginger.

So, if I make some pumpkin butter can I hop on the train for an afternoon? I'll even bring my own bagels, since I'm allergic to raisins. Otherwise I'll have to be pumping away in the handcar way far behind you, trying to get everything else done so I can ride the train later.
    He who cuts his own wood is warmed twice, but she who makes her own quilt is warmed forever - SLR 11/7/2011

Blog Entries
    Come join us, MdmSew n Sew! Sure! Bring that delish pumpkin butter. We'll make sure we have some bagels without raisins. Thanks for the pumpkin butter recipe. I've never had that. Looking forward to the train and hope you get your projects done. Hope to see you soon...tomorrow is only 1 1/2 hours away for me!

Blog Entries

weird.......the daily digest is online but I do not find the link......anyone else find it?

Page 153 of 159 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 ... LastLast