Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Ensure, the more I look at your fabrics, I am wondering if I should make this suggestion or not because I don't want to hurt any one's feelings, but since you are cutting strips that are not really wide, and your flowers appear fairly large, perhaps you might want to consider a smaller floral? I love your print, truly do, but I'd hate to get the pretty flowers lost in a 2-1/2" strip.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

Scrappy would be fine. In fact, I was going to do a sample as scrappy but decided not to. If you want to use scrappy, you can use WOF or really mix it up and do as many patterns as you want. The only suggestion I would make, is that fabric F be the same color. And you may want to wait until the April 2nd posting to choose and cut the fabrics for the 3-1/2" strips. l
    Quote Originally Posted by materialgrl View Post
    Would it work as a scrappy, or should I pick coordinating fabrics,you know the ones I bought to use, but instead get it out carress it put it back in the bin{the ones I just can't cut]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Welcome to all of you who posted in the last 12 hours! This will be great, and so much fun to see all the different fabric choices people will be making..
    any color / value ideas if I decide to go "scrappy" ??
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!

Vicki G - Have a Great Day !!
    www.vickigdesigns.com

Maybe you can wait until the next posting on March 5th to decide how you want to go. When you see how things start to sew together, you will have a better feel for what you want to do. I don't want to say too much, after all, this is a mystery

Blog Entries
    Paintmejudy, so which fabric letter is the main theme? Then pick so many lights and so many mediums to go with the base color? If I am looking at yardages correct, you will want A to be the main theme, then F to be your accent bold and the rest just blendables/mediums? Wanting to figure it out so while I am waiting for the next step, I can be cutting this out and getting ready. Thank you.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Are you having fun yet?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

I am!!!! Hope everybody is!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Are you having fun yet?

All I did was pick my favorite, and add 4 fabrics that went with it and then added in the F. Your choice if you want to do lights and mediums and darks or all one value
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Paintmejudy, so which fabric letter is the main theme? Then pick so many lights and so many mediums to go with the base color? If I am looking at yardages correct, you will want A to be the main theme, then F to be your accent bold and the rest just blendables/mediums? Wanting to figure it out so while I am waiting for the next step, I can be cutting this out and getting ready. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Ensure, the more I look at your fabrics, I am wondering if I should make this suggestion or not because I don't want to hurt any one's feelings, but since you are cutting strips that are not really wide, and your flowers appear fairly large, perhaps you might want to consider a smaller floral? I love your print, truly do, but I'd hate to get the pretty flowers lost in a 2-1/2" strip.
    Judy, I think you may have a very good point I will think about that and audition other options. I will save the larger flowers for the outside border. I want to make it into a wallhanging for my new sewing room.
    Paula

Here are my fabrics, all from stash. I bought fabric A at Goodwill last year only because I like bold and bright but wondered what I was ever going to do with it. LOL.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sweet Caroline

Page 5 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 55 105 ... LastLast