Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 159 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, I'm thinking about this... I'll look for some fabrics. I think I'll try to spread out and try some colors that I don't usually use.
    Reading, cooking, sewing in retirement! Heaven!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org
    I have a blog on QB now -- please drop in!

This sounds like fun, I need to quit my job so I have more quilting time, oh but then I won't have money to buy more fabric. ....I am going to give it a try, but I may be lagging behind a bit.

Blog Entries
    Looks like a fun thing to try! I've not done a mystery quilt before. Going shopping in my stash.
    Dreams Do Come True
    Good friends are like quilts - they age with you, yet never lose their warmth.

I've pulled fabric from my stash - I guess I'm good to go. Love this stuff.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Here';s my fabrics...do you think they will work? And should I switch B and E, so the maroon is next to the orange instead of the brown? Anyone...would like your thoughts/ideas...

There is a lot more orange in the flowered fabric then this picture shows.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by missgigglewings; 02-23-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
    Here';s my fabrics...do you think they will work? And should I switch B and E, so the maroon is next to the orange instead of the brown? Anyone...would like your thoughts/ideas...

There is a lot more orange in the flowered fabric then this picture shows.
    The last fabric is supposed to be the focus fabric, as I remember. Go with your instincts on your color choice. Looks good to me as is.
    Sweet Caroline

Count me in! My first Mystery Quilt. Yay! Will join you on March 5. My son is getting married on March 3 and I don't have time now... shouldn't really even be here on computer today Have lots of fabrics to choose from - sounds like SO much fun...
    Blessings!

Pretty colors. Will look nice together, but no, it would not be good to use F the teal also in position A. What you have is very pretty. Your teal will be prominent and very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
    I shopped the stash & this is what I came up with. I want the teal dragonfly fabric to be the most featured in the quilt, so I have 2 questions for you. Can I use fabric F for A also? I will also use it for the outer border. Or should I leave it as it is in the picture? If I can have A & F the same, then I would omit fabric E from the pile. I want to wait to cut my fabrics until I can get some kind of an answer. Thanks. This is going to be fun. Love the fabrics others have chosen. I want mine for a baby quilt. I love these fabrics & have just been waiting to use them!
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Blog Entries
    hope mine will work......not in stone as to which are B,C,D,E, may switch E and C, actually probably will.

To anyone who is on the fence, as they say, as to which color will go in which position, I will only make this one suggestion. Hold off on cutting the 3-1/2" strips until they are ready to be used. You know that F will be prominent, so cut the five 2-1/2" strips and wait for the next set of instructions. "Nuff said!
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Page 8 of 159 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 58 108 ... LastLast