Why I buy fabric.
by, 01-15-2013 at 09:11 AM (717 Views)
I am new to this site and it looks like a great network to be apart of. I am excited to make some new friends who share the same obsessions, I mean, interests that I have.
My first Blog is random, but very much needed.
I have officially run out of excuses to tell my husband on why I keep buying fabric. I have already used the following;
- Hun I'm making our son a quilt that will be passed down and cherished. Can you really put a price on a timeless treasure?
- This fabric is for a baby quilt, I'm sure some of our friends will be getting pregnant soon and these quilts take time. (I admit, I have gone to several baby showers since I've used this excuse without a quilt in hand.)
- This one is for our next baby. (I don't recommend this one, ended up getting my husband even more frazzled.)
- I bought this fabric because I thought it would be a great way to teach our toddler his colors, very hands on method of teaching.
- Aw but look how pretty all the colors look folded up on my fabric shelf.
- Joann's sent me a coupon. So I had to utilize it.
- I meant to only buy backing for one quilt but then our son started throwing a fit at the quilt shop, I got frazzled and accidentally bought way more than I even wanted to.
- Hun, I decided a great way to fund my quilting hobby is to start selling them on Etsy.... I don't even have an Etsy account.
See ladies I need some more excuses. My reasoning has been stretched thin. I would love to hear the excuses that have worked for you.