I haven't quilted the top yet but will use the pink (magenta) fabric with butterflies that is shown in the pictures as my backing. I've also posted pictures of my pugs.
If you're following the mystery, you can check out the link below
Updated 02-19-2017 at 01:41 PM by ddtrina
I'm doing a happy dance now, I've finally finished the quilt top, all the borders, all the ironing, all the picking off loose threads! Since I'm fairly new to quilting (this is only my 6th quilt), I'm quite amazed that I was able to complete the queen size quilt. Now we'll see how long it takes me to long arm quilt it. I haven't been to the quilt shop in 6 months so I have to retake the Pro-Stitcher class. That's just as well since they updated it to make it more user friendly. So the rest of
Updated 02-19-2017 at 01:38 PM by ddtrina
Today I was able to get on the top and bottom of border 1 and the sides of border 2, ironing as I went. Only mishap was when I pinned the left side border to the bottom of the quilt. Imagine my surprise when I ended up a block short. Pinned the top border. Now I need to sew that one on and do the bottom border and I'll be done the quilt top! Then I'll need to figure out how to quilt the top. At least I've got my backing and batting all ready.
Updated 02-19-2017 at 01:37 PM by ddtrina
I finally got all the ironing on the quilt top done (without borders) and attached both sides of border 1. Need to do a little more ironing and then will attach top and bottom of border 1. Beginning to feel like I made a lot of progress in the past couple of days.
Sewed 3 long seams today. That's all I had the energy for. Maybe tomorrow I'll iron what I have and work on attaching at least the first border.
I got all my sashing strips sewn together in columns today and attached the columns to the quilt body on at least one side. Tomorrow I can work on the 3 remaining long seams and then start adding the borders. I decided to keep the center of the stars neutral. And I'm liking what I see so far...keep in mind picture was taken before sashes were attached.
Oh, I found my 2 missing border squares. They were on the quilt wall acting
Updated 01-28-2017 at 08:53 PM by ddtrina
I swear I counted everything before I started sewing the border. Well to be honest, I counted everything when I was done step 1 which was months ago and maybe 2 of my patches grew legs and walked in the meantime. Or I miscounted how many pieces I sewed together in my top, left, bottom, and right border 1 or border 2. Maybe I'll find the 2 missing patches when I start to sew the borders to the quilt top. And if tonight has taught me anything (other than how to rip out seams again), it has almost
Spent tonight working on the 1st border, ripping out, stitching again. I think I'm happy with all 4 sides now. Haven't added it to the quilt yet because I'm still debating whether I want my constant stars to be neutral in the center. Think I'll measure my bed and debate within my own mind if I'm going to add more magenta to the quilt. I think I need a bigger design wall too. I can only fit 3 columns on the current one and that doesn't include the sashing strips.
Tonight I put my 32 paired 4 patches together. I also did the 27 and 29 blocks for the top and left side border. Then I didn't like how they looked so I took them all apart. On the plus side, I did get 4 columns of big blocks with the sashing in between sewn together earlier today. And I've come up with a better layout for my border which I'll start tomorrow, if I have time after La La Land.
Spent today ripping out some stitching from yesterday and putting it back together better. Happy with the way my 25 blocks look now. I got the sashing ironed on all 40 blocks so tomorrow I can work on joining the sashing to the big blocks. It's easier to do now that I'm in the groove of knowing how to match up my seams as I sew. Took some getting used to.