OK--here is that purple church charity quilt on the frame. Queen size. Liking it alot!
This is the "purple haze" church charity quilt still on the frame--it's now finished (except for label) and soon the tickets will be sold for the church nursery addition. Lots of marking on both borders and the white sashings for a stencil and then use of template in the multi purple blocks for a 4 point star with radiating lines. Glad it's finished!
After months of debating what to quilt--and whether I was skilled enough to actually do what I might envision, I am almost finished with my sampler lap quilt that hopefully will result in some actual customers! The LQS offered to hang something of mine, and hopefully this will be it. 9 sampler blocks--all rather complex piecing seemed to deserve some complex quilting. Each block has unique quilting--I want to show what I can do. So far only one tension problem--which meant "unsewing"
This week I finally finished long arm quilting my first full size bed quilt--had been doing lap quilts and crib quilts since I got my Gammill. It was a good/bad experience--loaded fine, tension great, like some of the custom quilting design I did on the open areas, satisfied with my choice of thread and happy with background quilting. Not so pleased with the end design I used on the pieced blocks--just don't have the skills yet to match my vision. I know--practice, practice,practice. But I