Boom 31 Spring

Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM

I heard from Hav today and I expect she’ll have her blocks here by Saturday, the last day of the swap. Woo hoo! Looks like we’ll be on schedule. I’ve begun the sort and as long as all goes well, I’ll be shipping on time.

Did you all realize this weekend is the three day weekend for Memorial Day? Sheesh, I didn’t until a few minutes ago. Anyone have any fun plans?

I managed to walk my 2.5+ miles again. Tomorrow I’m walking with a friend at 1 pm. Hope neither of us melts in the heat. Normally I walk early, just after dawn. I’ll bring lots of water for sure.

Have a nice evening!

Old Today, 03:51 AM

Yeah, Memorial Day has snuck up on lots of folks. The only reason I knew is that my quilt group meets on the 4th Monday every month and because of the RWB celebration and we had to change our meeting date.

OK, the sun is up ................ get out and walk! Or maybe you have finished already.
Old Today, 05:19 AM

WMUTeach, I’m just back from walking. Nearly an hour! DH and I decided to go to local town festivals on Friday and Saturday mornings. The rest of the weekend is still open.

Old Today, 06:50 AM
Power Poster

Locally, there are no town celebrations that I know of for Memorial Day. That's also my quilt guild's meeting day and they decided to hold the meeting on Memorial Day. We are also a Quilts of Valor guild.

Hubby and I are off on a short road trip today. Have a nice day!
Old Today, 07:07 AM

I am starting out the Memorial weekend with my first solo trip out. Hubby followed me and backed the car in with Minnie behind me. Ground was too wet for me to pull through the grass to the site and I haven’t been successful backing her up yet. Not good camping weather it rained like crazy. When there was a break I made dinner on my camp stove, very glad I had prepared most of my food at home. Stayed snug as bug in my car and slept well. Today 3 bus loads of elementary kids arrived for an activity. It’s being well runner and the kids are having a wonderful time and behaving. The county told me they would be here and I chose to go anyway. Will go home tomorrow and we will head to the lake.
Old Today, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Smile BOOM 2022 Begonias Picture of finnished quilt

BOOM 2022 Begonias Picture of finnished quilt
Attached Thumbnails 20240522_131204-large-.jpg  
Old Today, 05:47 PM

What a lovely quilt, Annaquilts! The the Native American theme was well illustrated with the blocks. Whoo Hoo for you! Done and Done.
Old Today, 05:57 PM

Wow! What a beautiful quilt, Annaquilts. Congratulations! We’ll be starting up a new Boom at the end of July, hope you’ll join us again.
Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
BOOM 2022 Begonias Picture of finnished quilt