Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Check's In The Mail"

I've heard this more than once regarding some of my online sales. Are others having to deal with this also? I realize times are tough, but when I'm short of cash, that's when I quilt spending!

Blog Entries
    yeah, it's gotten slow.

My do rag business has slowed way down and the economy is the biggest reason. I had to learn the hard way not to make the rags to order until I had their money in hand. If that check ever does arrive, it has to clear the bank before the order is shipped.

Blog Entries
    It may get worst in Gerogia we are still at 10% unempolyed. :?

Banned
    I keep feeling it as a longarmer, people just dont want to get things done or have the funds to get any serious quilting stithced.

Blog Entries
    My suggestions is to give the buyer a reasonable amount of time to get the check to you - after that relist the item, unless they have been in contact with you and given you a specific reason and date for mailing the funds :thumbup:

It's the same at the craft shows...I would prefer to pay the fees and take a credit card than taking a check that you don't even know is any good.
    One promoter hands out a bad check/Visa list that has been compiled by all the crafters. So far this year...knock on wood...I havn't had a bad check. But I have had a few declined credit cards....

Quote Originally Posted by shequilts
    I've heard this more than once regarding some of my online sales. Are others having to deal with this also? I realize times are tough, but when I'm short of cash, that's when I quilt spending!

Stuff happens. Relist it for sale again, and move on would be my motto.

I usually just wait a while. I have had a few people ask me to wait til they get paid, and that doesnt bother me either, at least they let me know, and I know how hard it is to pay for the extras.

that is why I put PayPal prefered, when I put something up for sale ~ it is usually because I need the money now (unfortunately) :( life throws curveballs and selling off some of my stash is my way of dealing with them

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast