Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: "Preferred" parking...grrr!

I get so upset at people who ignore the "No Parking - Fire Lane" painted along the sidewalks at the shopping center. Yesterday, some one parked there to go in to Starbucks! I almost said, "Doesn't the No Parking sign mean YOU?" Grrr!

Blog Entries
    Our Mall has its own security That drives around all day, and they tow them.

Senior Member Blue's quilting mama's Avatar
    Ok, I park there to let off my elderly parents ....but....don't stay there...I go find a parking place after they get out.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Some people think the rules only apply to other people!!!

Just think of it this way---you park a little farther away and all that walking will make you healthier than the guy not following the rules. (who will probably have a heart attack tomorrow)

Blog Entries
    There will always be those people who think the rules don't apply to them because "I'm just going in for a second." Just keep smiling and remember Karma will get them in the end. They'll also be the ones stuck in a blizzard for three days because the weather warnings "didn't apply to them " either.
    LOL, and safe in my driveway.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltmom04
    I get so upset at people who ignore the "No Parking - Fire Lane" painted along the sidewalks at the shopping center. Yesterday, some one parked there to go in to Starbucks! I almost said, "Doesn't the No Parking sign mean YOU?" Grrr!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    AND the Handicapped parking. I absolutely despise the healthy people who park there, with or without Grandpa's parking pass hung on the mirror. And then they get out and trot to the store. When I get angry they merely shrug and say that it was the only close parking space there!! I've pushed my late DH's wheelchair half a block in pounding rain to get to a doctor's office, and in the sun and wind when he wanted to go to a special store, while younger healthy people parked near by in
    the handicapped parking spaces.
    Once when I was chewing a young man out a meter reader came along and asked if it was HIS parking pass. And he got an expensive ticket while several older people and I stood and almost cheered. I think the ticket at that time was about $170 or so, YEAH!!

Blog Entries
    go in and report to the mgr and they should call the mall cop!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    They get fined and towed here so I've heard. I don't park close so I have to walk farther. Every little step helps:)

Quote Originally Posted by Joan
    Just think of it this way---you park a little farther away and all that walking will make you healthier than the guy not following the rules. (who will probably have a heart attack tomorrow)
    Haha! Good point!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast