Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ***CLOSED***SEWING QUESTION Help Needed

Ladies (and men), what is the accessory called that hangs in front of your sewing machine (your machine also sits on top of it to hold it in place) that has pockets, I guess where you can put your scissors and thread waste and whatever else??? Where can I find a pattern to make one?? I hope someone knows what I am talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804
    Ladies (and men), what is the accessory called that hangs in front of your sewing machine that has pockets, I guess where you can put your scissors and thread waste and whatever else??? Where can I find a pattern to make one?? I hope someone knows what I am talking about here.
    There are patterns here on the Board ... try the tutorials, or perhaps someone else will provide a link?

Blog Entries
    This topic looks like it has a lot of links - hope you can find one you are looking for

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-8681-1.htm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mscupid804
    Ladies (and men), what is the accessory called that hangs in front of your sewing machine (your machine also sits on top of it to hold it in place) that has pockets, I guess where you can put your scissors and thread waste and whatever else??? Where can I find a pattern to make one?? I hope someone knows what I am talking about here.
    here is a link for one I made and posted. It is not really a tutorial but easy to follow. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-89283-1.htm If you scroll down the post, I explain how I made it. Its so easy and so useful

That's it! Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    It's called a machine organizer. You can buy patterns, mccall, simplicity, etc....i usually wait till they have great pattern sells at joann's.... sometimes 10 for a dollar.