127 Sale

Old 07-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Power Poster

It is practically in my back yard, so I will be going.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:59 AM
cjk

It's not always the same date, but pretty close. It's always Thursday thru Saturday but a lot of people set up early. This year it's the 4th-7th of Aug. The website is www.127sale.com.
Since I had been in Ohio for several years I didn't get to go but now I have no reason and I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to my sister's and spending the night Wed night so we can get an early start Thurs. morning. She lives in Jamestown. It is going to be a "sister time". We haven't had many in recent years.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:38 AM

The yard sale is always the FIRST FULL Weekend in Aug. so if Aug 1 was on a Sunday it woud be the following weekend.
It is a lot of fun.
I discovered if you stop at the vendors at main intersections, it is mostly commercial vendors. and not those doing it
for a once a yr yard sale.

The ones along the off beaten tracks are good. But sometimes
those think their things are made of gold,LOL.
I found some gingher scissors for $5 each 2 yrs ago. He had a lot of them but would not disclose his source.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:44 AM

We plan to go. This will be our 3rd year. 1st year we went from Gadsden, Al to Chattanooga. Last year we drove up to the KY border and came south to Chattanooga. This year we are going to stay with a relative of my SIL in Chattanooga and just go where ever we find ourselves in and around Chattanooga. Probably head home on Sat and shop Chattanooga south into Alabama.

We have had fun -- tho the traffic is horrendous in places. Hard to find parking some places. And no need to mention how HOT it is. This has kinda become an annual even for my friend, my brother and his wife (and me of course). I don't get to spend enough time with brother and SIL so this makes it a good time even if we don't find lots of good stuff.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:18 PM
cjk

I just went to my sisters for a b-day party and people are already set up along 127. A lot more then I would have figured this early but my sister said people are set up for the whole week. I know the place my sister has on 127, she rents it for the week.