Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 45 record

Blog Entries
    We found in our records a old 45.Elvis Presley Hound Dog.

SO cool. I still have a box of 45's. My prize is "Last Date" by Floyd Cramer. Doesn't it make you feel so connected to history. Looking back now I wish I had not played it so much! It is well loved. Thanks for this great memory. Wow, an Elvis record!!

community benefactor
    I have about 25 of those 45 records that I want to get rid of. I don't want to give them to Goodwill, I don't do garage sales. The antique stores aren't buying as the market is down. I think I might just as well throw them away and save my children the job of doing it when I'm gone. They were my mother's. I have had so much trouble getting rid of her things that I'm trying to not leave my children such an onerous chore. I just had my 70th birthday and realize I won't be keeping house forever.

Blog Entries
    Please don't throw them away.At least Goodwill could find them homes.Recycle,they would just go to the dump if you threw them away.Connie in CO

put an ad on Craigslist. You would be surprised at how many people will want them. I have gotten rid of 33 albums that way, there is always a lot of interest and no questions asked. And mine were no prizes either. Most people will be willing to take them all.

Blog Entries
    I confess to worse than that. I have old 78's.mostly mine,but some that were given to me that are old albums.Would you believe Bing Crosby's White Christmas,or InkSpot albums? I hate getting rid of them, but they were used so much I dont think they would be considered collectables,but probably would be in good shape. I've got so many from the early 50's, and some from the 40's,like the Andrew Sisters,Glenn Miller,Benny Goodman.,etc.I know my kids will toss them, but I just can't make myself do that.

Blog Entries
    he, he. i have a lot of them. All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth by Spike Jones. Donkey Serenade, etc. Records my Mother had.

You might want to find out if they are worth any money. Some of the records are worth a nice chunk o' change.

Sometimes it is the condition of the cover that gives them
    value.

Lucky you! I love Him! But Don't We ALL?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast