Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
5 Things You Didn't Know about........ >

5 Things You Didn't Know about........

5 Things You Didn't Know about........

Old 12-01-2011, 09:04 AM

1. I lived in Coon Rapids, Minnesota until I was 38 yrs old moved to California for 18 yrs now in Dubois, Wyoming
2. Hated sewing until I learned how to quilt 10 yrs a go when my son was still alive he came in and said Who are you and what did you do with my mom.
3. Pretty much a Rebel in high school kicked out for wearing to short of dresses and had to go to court for it.
4. Not a Susie homemaker hate cleaning the house and you can tell it's a little of a mess.
5. Used to love to cook now I hate it after marring my second husband who hates to eat he doesn't like much of any thing, so it makes it hard to cook.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

I was born in Germany to an unwed teenage mother (which was a bad thing in the '50s) and my dad was a US soldier. Needless to say Mom wasn't too happy when I met "my" soldier at the tender age of 15. Pat and I married when I was 18 and we are still happy together.
In my first life I was a Kindergarten teacher. Go figure since I don't really like kids that much - lol. I've since switched to electromechanical drafting, management, and now project management.
Once I played on Elvis' guitar and I'm pretty sure that he turned in his grave.
I am an arachnophobe and seeing a spider makes me squeal (not in delight) which brings my hubby running. (He recognizes my "spider voice")
Stress is my enemy and I have lots of issues due to stress. Recently I found myself in a very dark period and I killed Sunbonnet Sue to work through my issues. My family was getting worried about my "dark thoughts" which surprised me, because my reading/movie interests have always leaned to the offbeat and macabre. (I guess I don't have to mention here that I have a whacky humor coz you all know that already)
Old 12-01-2011, 09:35 AM

1. Youngest of 4 girls. All my first cousins had kids around my age.
2. First in my family to graduate college (Eng. Lit), later got an MBA in finance (while working full time).
3. Was in venture capital (providing seed capital to start up high tech companies and consulting) for around 15 years.
Then became a low tech business owner and operator of used book stores for 17 years. Readers are the best
customers in the world.
4. Married at 37 and 28 years later still going strong.
5. Made my first quilt 37 years ago and my second 2 years ago. Now I am hooked!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:00 AM

1. Vegetarian.
2. I hate my hair and would shave it (again) if I didn't have a job.
3. Met my husband thru an ad on Craigslist. We haven't spent a day apart (except when I went on field trip with our son) since we met.
4. Am anti-social but fun to be with. I'm funnier than most people you know, too.
5. I am one of the lucky ones. I love my job but fear losing it every day. I'm a money-hoarder, too.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Banned

1. I play the piano,guitar and fiddle
2.I have 5 kids and 11 grands
3.I am a high school drop out
4.I dont care for celebrity status people(Elvis,M Jackson,Princess Di etc)my quilting friends are as well esteemed in my eyes
5.I am a germaphobe !!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 AM

Hmm...
1. Met my DH when I 'arrested' an 83 yo shoplifter and he was the cop who hauled her off. Been 37 years last month.
2. Love to sing but not that good at it even tho am in church choir. (My DH says I sing like an angel! I told him to put his hearing aids in.
3. Love driving my garden tractor. Country girl at heart even tho raised in the city. Wish teh tractor were bigger.
4. At 56 have earned my Phlebotomy certification and at 57 will have my AAS degree as a Medical Assistant. I tend to be a late bloomer. Thinking about LPN schooling.
5. Had endometrioses so bad, it took the doctor 4 hours to remove it all (she hoped). Luckily I had had two kids somehow. Had four male doctors miss the diagnoses and told my DH if this doctor did not find something I was going to find a knife and dig it out myself. That was 26 years ago.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:19 AM

I have 5 kids; 4 boys and 1 girl ages range from 41 to 22 and lots of grandkids and 1 great granddaughter
I use to be licensed by the military to run my own daycare, I've also worked in family gas station at 15 and I've been an accountant, a restuarant manager and 7-11 manager .
I went college in my late 40's and got my degree and have worked in a childrens hospital ever since in the IT field
My dad was a lumberjack with all daughters so I spent a lot of time in the woods growing up in the mountains of WV
I would love to travel outside of the US; I've driven across the US several times and the farthest I've been away from home was I lived in Hawaii for 6yrs.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:32 AM

1. I had a paper route every day for 7 years while in middle/high school. Saved enough to buy my own clothes, a c
car, and go to secretarial school.
2. I was "prime contractor" on my own home when it was built 30 years ago.
3. I worked for the federal government for 34 years.
4. I lived in Poland for 1 1/2 years and took care of an invalid and don't speak the language.
5. I lost 80 pounds by dieting 2 years ago and have done pretty good keeping the weight off
Old 12-06-2011, 07:21 AM

1. Married three times, divorced twice, married same man twice. (11 years married second time around)
2. Self taught quilter who also gave the bug to my younger sister.
3. Have worked as a waitress, factory worker, secretary, warranty administrator.
4. I have two grown children (boy and girl) a Great Dane named Checotah and a small cat named Jesse James (aka JJ)
5. Have had a broken nose, leg, ankle, toe (twice) , four broken ribs. But I am really not accident prone! No really. hehe
Old 12-06-2011, 08:05 AM

1. I worked for the University of Il for 30 years and retired at 51.
2. After numerous miscarriages and a tubal pregnancy I finally had my first and only child at 45 yrs old.
3. I joined a Pentacostal church 5 1/2 yrs ago and love it.
4. I first learned to sew on a machine at 3 yrs old
5. I'm also an artist but since developing an allergy to oils I've stuck to acrylics and Prisma color pencils.