? about 'Mark Forums Read'

Old 11-07-2011, 09:01 AM

Question ? about 'Mark Forums Read'

First, I do really like the changes. Still learning them, but so far this are really pretty good. The only thing that I am missing is the 'Mark Forums Read' button. On the old version, when you pulled up RECENT TOPICS you were shown a list of the new threads. That list did not include previous threads with new entries - just newly posted threads. That was usually how I surfed the board. I would hit RECENT TOPICS, go through and read what interested me, subscribed as needed and then hit Mark Forums Read. When I came back to RECENT TOPICS, there were the newly listed threads.

On this version, when you hit WHAT'S NEW it lists all of the threads that have new entries. Threads that I have already looked at and have not subscribed for some reason. And I am not really interested to reviewing each thread again. So - I hope that this is clear enough - my brain is addled with pain meds right now. Is this option still available? Is there a setting that I am missing? Help??? TIA
Old 11-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Several threads have been talking about an 'ignore' button. Perhaps this will do it for us. However, the 'ignore' button is just one of many things that is hiding from me - LOL. For example, I changed my Settings, and I can't change them back. C;icking on the Setting button at the top of the page gets me nowhere. I've asked the Help list for help, but they're so busy that they haven't answered yet. I also accidentally un-subscribed from all my subscriptions, so I'm no longer following any of my 'old' threads. That's not a major problem, but I asked 'Help' if they could revie it for me yesterday - no answer yet - not even an acknowlegement that they got my msg.

Another button that I haven't found yet - Archive. Sounds interesting, doesn't it.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS View Post
Several threads have been talking about an 'ignore' button. Perhaps this will do it for us. However, the 'ignore' button is just one of many things that is hiding from me - LOL. For example, I changed my Settings, and I can't change them back. C;icking on the Setting button at the top of the page gets me nowhere. I've asked the Help list for help, but they're so busy that they haven't answered yet. I also accidentally un-subscribed from all my subscriptions, so I'm no longer following any of my 'old' threads. That's not a major problem, but I asked 'Help' if they could revie it for me yesterday - no answer yet - not even an acknowlegement that they got my msg.

Another button that I haven't found yet - Archive. Sounds interesting, doesn't it.
the archive button is at the bottom of this page in a dark gray box along with Contact Us Privacy Statement etc
Old 11-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

I was a die-hard read from Unread Topics gal. I was very unhappy to hear that it would no longer be available. I saw a post from one of our members and can’t recall who that was. Their tip was to scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Archive in the Contact Us menu bar. Then choose the Forum/Section that you want to read from. As you read the posts in that Section, your computer changes the color of it. Then you can move to the next Thread that has not yet changed color. This really satisfies my Unread Topics fix. However, I think that my computer’s cookie removal ran and they all turned to new again. Luckily I remembered where I’d left off.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:57 AM

I'd really like to know the answer to this question too. I don't reply to every thread I read, so once I have read it, I would like to be able to mark it as read so it doesn't keep coming up when I click on the What's New button.