Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ADMIN

I have just picked up a virus from this board, Not this thread, can't remember which one. it was the only thing on my laptop at the time.. It seems to have been cleared by my virus checker, thought I had better warn you. I do know there was a problem a few days ago with another couple of people.

Blog Entries
    As I posted here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-64395-1.htm#1577848

Please make sure it's an actual virus and not adware. Otherwise, it's impossible to tie it to a specific website/page or visit session.

I would not know if it is actual or not, I have never had any before. It certainly it seemed so. I will go to the local comp shop and get them to look at my laptop and tell me how I would know. It wasn't the same as your quoted site. It certainly was scary at the time. Its gone now.

I got one too. Locked my computer up. Am a little afraid to go to any of the sites people post on here.

Blog Entries
    I would not know if it is actual or not, I have never had any before.
    If it prompts to you buy/install something or subscribe to something, then it's most likely a fake.

Something happened when I was on today in AM I had to shut my laptop down to get rid of it. It was telling me to install something as I had all these viruses I am sure not a computer whiz but it came on fast and when I powered back up it was gone!

i was on the vintage sewing machine site sunday i was joinging a site and a tool bar popped up when i x it out my computer shut down and a virus protector came on kept tellingme i had to byy it i couldnt even use my computer i had to get someone to redo or reboot it its fine now

One of the scams out there is a "company" taps into something on the computer and if you hit a combination of keys or go to a certain website, a popup will show up that tells you that you have a virus. And, of course, they'll fix it if you click "here" and then probably ask for money. Do NOT click on any of those popups. It just encourages them!!!! You more than likely don't have a virus........... click on the x box, log off all programs, and go to your virus protection program. Make sure it's updated and have it run a scan for you. I've had a # of these popups over the years and have NEVER had a virus....it's a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    I would not know if it is actual or not, I have never had any before.
    If it prompts to you buy/install something or subscribe to something, then it's most likely a fake.
    They didn't prompt me to buy anything, it just wouldn,t go away thats why I was concerned. None the less I thing you were right and it was false either that or Mc Afee cleared it. Thank you for your help Admin.