Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Adorable Flip-Flops for American Girl DOLLS - so easy a child can make them

Smile Adorable Flip-Flops for American Girl DOLLS - so easy a child can make them

These adorable little flip-flops can be made in 10 minutes! I created them when I made a cute summer dress for my daughter's American girl doll, and had no shoes to match. So these are what I came up with... They are just too cute!

*First trace around one foot, staying as close to the foot as you can. There! You just made a shoe pattern for her.

*Label the American Girl doll shoe pattern as shown. Keep your pattern to make more shoes later!
    Pin and cut 2 for each shoe from felt fabric. You can also do one layer of fabric and one layer of felt.

*Pin 2 pieces of shoe together. Cut a strap from ribbon or felt 1/2" X 2" and pin on each end of shoe about 1/2" in from the toe area as shown.

*Zigzag stitch around both layers of the shoe making sure you catch the strap when you sew.
    Add a flower or bow. Do the same to the other shoe.

Have fun with this! I'm sure your daughters and grand-daughters will love you for making these for their dolls!
    ENJOY!
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Happy Sewing & Best Stitches,
    Judi
    http://www.lovetosew.com

Those are so darling and look very good. My Granddaughters are 18 and 25.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

They are very cute!

Well, guess what I'll be doing shortly! I've been making AG doll clothes for Christmast gifts for 3 of my granddaughters and they definitely need shoes!!! Thank you sooo much for sharing !!!!

Diannia
    I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed!