Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: After Breast Cancer Surgery Accessory...

Saw this on the Clotide website. Never thought of this as a gift for someone undergoing the surgery. Thought I'd pass the link. Scroll down...link to pattern is lower right side. http://www.clotilde.com/list.html?criteria=awareness

Blog Entries
    Thankfully, I don't have any family or friends in this position, but I saved the pdf just in case. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much, my eldest daughter had breast surgery on thursday and I will email her this and see if any of this could help her, I have already made her a cuddle quilt. She has had nine months of chemo already and has to have radiotherapy asap.

This should help after any kind of chest surgery. My boss had to have bypass surgery and he carried a pillow around for a while. Thanks for sharing.

Just checking in. Glad to help you guys out. I plan to print out the pattern to have avail for future needs.

Blog Entries
    After my left Mastectomy, I had a fellow hospital volunteer give me a pretty baby pillow. It helped buffer the stitches from my left arm while sleeping.

And she gave me a shaker jar of corn starch she had made for me, it didn't have all the perfumes and other irritating chemicals in it that baby powder or other body powders do.

That was in 1999 and I still have that cute little purple flowered pillow. (Violet is my legal, birth name, which very few people know)

Blog Entries
    I can see where this would be handy after many types of surgery, thank you for sharing this with us :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo
    This should help after any kind of chest surgery. My boss had to have bypass surgery and he carried a pillow around for a while. Thanks for sharing.
    DH had bypass surgery in 1996. The ladies hospital auxilary made small heart-shaped for all chest surgery patients to cough or sneeze after the surgery.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Left over Orphan blocks make cute pillows too. We keep our Hospital supplied with them for heart and breast folks. And we have stuffed teddies for the kiddos for coughing