Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Conditioning

Does anyone else have a problem adjusting to air conditioning when it starts getting warm out? Most of my summers I've spent outside, either just about all the time or for at least a good portion of everyday. This summer I'm stuck inside in a place that seems to have the AC on full blast and it's not even close to peaking the heat of our summer - I'm from Iowa. The guys I work with like to make fun of me for being cold all the time. :P

There probably are and we're probably just above the lowest we can be. It's been so nice this week. Went golfing in shorts and a t-shirt last night. It was great.

Blog Entries
    you ladies have air conditioning? I wish I did. I'm from Houston but living in Colorado and we only have a swamp cooler. not good enough!! i melt, i can tell you.

No air conditioners here! I don't think too many people in my area have them.

No problem adjusting here in the San Juaquin Valley, CA. Yesterday, it was 102 and muggy and Sunday 105. It's supposed to be cooler today :lol: 95. I have the air conditioning set to a cool 76 degrees, ahhh!

I went and ate my lunch in my car to warm up. Might go take my break out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    Can't they turn the air down/up a bit so its not QUITE so cold? That would be miserable working in that kind of cold!
    The guys I work with keep changing it back. They all have plenty of insulation.....

I have that issue here in NC. All summer, I freeze in stores and restaurants because the AC is turned up so high. I wear more sweaters in the summer than I do in the winter!

I don't have air at home and at work BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR yeasterday we saw the temp at 60 in my office I CAN"T WORK IN THOSE CONDITIONS, since my work requires my hands to be able to move. errrrrr

Did you try a space heater for your area?

Ooooh, I wish I could have a space heater. Unfortunately I have about 2 feet of my own space. I'm surrounded by these men and 12 computers in an old conference room.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast