Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Force enlistee

This is my gran-daughter Alexandra ' Allie' She is working on joining the air force. She graduates from high school in June. She went to a senior ball last Saturday. This Saturday she tours a air force base
    notice the lip ring.....oh my lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I know you will miss her, but I admire her determination.

Make sure she leaves the lip jewelery at home. My daughter had two of those things, thankfully she took them out finally.

Congrats on the new recruit, we need more brave souls defending our freedom. Thank her for me.

She looks soooo young! Very pretty.

Congrats for the new recruit. I did notice the lip ring. Make sure she understands that she will not be allowed to have that during basic.

Oh yes she knows, lol she also has a belly ring. She will be 18 next September. This girl has a mind of her own :-D She want to go to dental school or fix computers

Blog Entries
    Very pretty young lady. Love her dress. That is quite a decision she has made. Don't know the requirements (I should) but can she apply to the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs? Is she interested in continuing her education? My daughter went into the AF shortly after graduation and she is so glad that she did. She went in enlisted and then later went to Officer's school. She got to travel, got an education (now starting her PhD). She didn't initialy plan it, but it's become her career. 20 years now. She's only 39 so she'll probably put in 10 more and retire at age 50. Because of her moving around I've found new places to travel to. I've been to Japan, England, Wales, France. It's great to have a place to stay and she loves to have family visit.

Good luck to your granddaughter. (Lip ring has to go)
    What base is she going to visit?

McGuire in MA

Quote Originally Posted by Knot Sew
    Oh yes she knows, lol she also has a belly ring. She will be 18 next September. This girl has a mind of her own :-D She want to go to dental school or fix computers
    My daughter had one of those things too. She took it out during her 1st pregnancy. She said it wasn't attractive on a woman who was 7 months pregnant..lol..guess it stuck out under her clothes..lol

Blog Entries
    I hope she makes it..it is an honarable job,life. My son joined right after 9/11. he says it is the best thing he ever did with his life. Her training will be at Lackland in texas. get rid of the ring in her lip now..they will ride her over it,if they can tell by looking at her.
    best wishes to her!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast