Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: To All My Cracked Pot Friends in the Forum on THIS BEAUTIFUL DAY!

An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walks from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water.

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream.

'I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house.'

The old woman smiled, 'Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?'

'That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them.'

For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table.

Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house.'

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.

You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

SO, to all of my cracked pot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!

And send this to any or all of your Cracked Pot friends. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    cute, thanks

thanks, that is so cute and true. We sometimes forget our own value.

Blog Entries
    Love it!

Nice thoughts... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    thank-you, Naomi

Blog Entries
    I was having a really bad day because of my cracks, and I feel so much better now. Thanks so much for posting this.

I am definitely a CRACKED pot and I celebrate that.

But that is much, much different than a CRACK pot. What a difference an 'ed' makes!

Thank you and I am proud to be one of your cracked
    pot friends!!!

Blog Entries
    What a great reminder!! Thanks for that!

Blog Entries
    Hope you don't mind I sent it to my quilting group and plan to put it on my HS Newsletter I do monthly for the Class of 54, Scranton Tech, Scranton, PA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast