Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: All QB members OK?

Had crazy high winds in SW MI last night but thankfully no trees came down at our house, although I did see many trees with big brances down on my way to work. We've been without power since 5 pm yesterday, and they're saying it could be 2-3 days before power is back on. Thank goodness for whole-house generators. The best investment we ever made in this house! Prayers go out to all those in tornado areas. That was terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    that was horrible. I hope everyone is safe!! (why do they call it Midwest States by the way?) my geography lessons say otherwise. it's confusing.
    Because it's mid-way to the "west".
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Prayers to all those who were affected by the severe weather.

Anita
    Anita

I'd rather be stitchin' than in the kitchen!

Blog Entries
    My DD was traveling back to FT Wayne IN - we were getting reports from friends in Indy that the storms were getting bad - we were lucky that she was close to our friends house in Perrysburg OH where she stayed and rode out the storm - two tornadoes within a mile of their house! We were blessed that they were home so she was able to seek shelter!

Blog Entries
    tornadoes touched down within 10 or so miles from us. We only got super high winds that took down our hay tent and ripped a door off of one of our buildings. Power was out but only for a few hours. We were very lucky.

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We had the high winds and rain here and lost electricity last night at 11:30 and may not have it back on till late night wed. but we do have a generator going at night. There was some surrounding areas hit a lot harder. I just hope and pray everybody is okay.
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White.
    Deb

Hello everyone here in Ohio we had high winds and tornado warnings, no major damage here some downed tree limbs but we did lose internet. Now up and running again... YAY!
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

We had alot of rain and winds here, but thankfully nothing more. Praying for those who had it bad.
    Country 1

Blog Entries
    Not sure if anyone posted this heartwarming story about the tornado in Washington, IL.

http://www.weather.com/news/man-find...874490db91c627

So glad You and yours are all safe. My prayers are with everyone affected by that weather.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast