Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: allergies - sinus - dizziness

Blog Entries
    Have you tried a netti pot....bought in a drug store,wal mart etc.Many ppl swear by them, including our older DD.

Google them...lots of info on line.

Blog Entries
    I get vertigo. Have heart palpitations. I use Nettie pot when allergies get bad. Also went to physical therapy to resolve naturally!

Try using a nasal rinse bottle or net-pot regularly for a few weeks. I rarely have seasonal allergies anymore and mine were horrible - even prescription meds didn't help them.

The sinus rinse is all natural and chemical free. It takes some getting used to, but I swear by it.

Blog Entries
    I don't have allergies. I have times that my head is heavy and the dizziness comes with it. I was diagnosed with Benign positional vertigo. The doctor gave me a med for it..but I don't like to take it. He also sent me to physical therapy. They taught me different head exercises to correct it.
    I should also mention that there is a dull headache with it and it radiates to my neck.
    I hope you find some relief.

Have you checked your blood pressure? You should see a doctor, this could be a sign of some other problems. Don't play with your health.

thanks for all the responses. I have had BPPV (positional vertigo) at times, that is a trip!! The room is spinning at about 50 mph! But this is just "off balance." and my BP is fine, DH has HBP so we check it at home.
    I will look into the neti pot and if it gets worse I will see my doc.

I have been diagnosed as having Meniere's Disease. I have learned that for me, a sharp piercing noise then hearing loss in the same ear precedes an episode. I'm fine that day, but the next morning I have pressure in my sinuses, and dizziness/lightheaded/nausea. Thankfully, the episode is resolved in 12-24 hours, then I'm fine again. I've also noticed that for me, a change in the weather will trigger an episode. I'm usually fine going from wet to dry, but dry to wet isn't so good for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2