Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Animal lovers and quilts......... >

Animal lovers and quilts.........

Animal lovers and quilts.........

Old 12-26-2010, 08:15 PM

Ahhh, Im not a huge cat lover, but they are cute. I am a dog lover for sure. I feel bad for some people that dont know what love they can bring and they are always happy to see you, and they love you no matter what. Not to mention they can be so entertaining. My guy in my Avatar is Simon, he is a hoot!! We got him when he was 3mos.old from a no kill shelter. They found him and his mom wandering along a hwy. His mother (Emma) was just as sweet, but someone had already adopter her. We also have another girl (dog) from the same shelter that we have had for 12 years. She is Sophie and she is the sweetest. We call her either Sis or princess. LOL..anyway...yup we love our kids (dogs)
Old 12-26-2010, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by joan_quilts
These are my fur babies! All are rescued, or should I say they rescued me! LOL
Ahhh, love all your kids!! Also, I noticed your quilt frame...is that for handquilting? and how do you like it?? looks pretty simple and Ive seen them before, not too expensive if memory serves me right. Thank you
Old 12-26-2010, 09:41 PM

I am willing to bet that I am one in a few if not the only one with reptiles for pets LOL My DH and I do have two furbabies (both rescue dogs) but we do love our reptiles too! And we can't forget Nabisco the guinea pig!!
Old 12-26-2010, 11:55 PM

No reptiles for me, sure glad God made us all different. Thank you all for sharing your pictures.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:19 AM

I am not able to post pics but I have a small black and tan Chihuahua named Gloria.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:21 AM

I had to laugh, Bandit looks like a Rat Terrier. Our Jack was a Rat, we lost him 3 years ago and we still miss him terribly. My Avatar is Floppy, Jack's partner, who is now 18 yr. and counting. Floppy's fur companion for the last 3 years is Buddy, shown here in his natural state of being.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-148272.jpe  
Old 12-27-2010, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
I am not able to post pics but I have a small black and tan Chihuahua named Gloria.
What a cute name for her. I love naming animals people names. Dogs are people too! LOL
Old 12-27-2010, 08:43 AM

My pets are my kids (I've had many many many), horses, cattle, sheep, chickens, snakes, rabbits.......

I love my cats; but, my dogs (especially my female husky) are the best ever. Sky is with me every minute I am home. She has my back and is my very best friend. I would be lost if I didn't have my kids running up and down the stairs around the coffee table-hee hee. My sister lives in a big house by herself. I don't know how she can stand it. It's so quite and empty.

I'm sure every one on here loves their "kids" and wants to show them off. I know I do :D
Old 12-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

All the animals look so happy.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:08 PM

Our fur-babies (and Gecko girls reptiles :))are all amazing family members! I love reading about everyones families!!! All that unconditional love! I would be completely lost without my guys!! They dont make me feel guilty about going to work but how is that they know when it is the weekend? They pout and block the door and carry on when I have to leave the house on the weekends but just patiently wait for their treats when I am leaving for work!!